Passing Judgement On The Creedmoor

ADMIN

Administrator
ADMIN submitted a new Article:

Passing Judgement On The Creedmoor

Passing Judgement on the Creedmoor
By Darrell Holland

Is it media hype that is responsible for the all the excitement, much like the hullabaloo that was created over the WSM series of cartridges, or is the Creedmoor the near perfect cartridge for everything short of T-Rex? Inquiring minds would like to know?

As a custom gunsmith I can chamber for over 130 different cartridges, anything from custom wildcats to testosterone based magnums burning a hundred grains...

Read more about this article here...

Thanks for the great article Darrell,
I have a Kimber Mtn. Accent for a pack gun. I have been loading 143g ELDx on top of 43g of RL 16 in Lapua sm primer brass with CCI br4 primers with good results.
I have heard that using the small primers could cause miss or hang fires. I have not experianced this myself as of yet but have not done a lot of cold weather shooting other than the few rounds I shot tonight with rounds that I had in the freezer for two days. Still no issues but still wonder if I should go to a large primer or at least a small magnum primer. what is your opinion/experiance with this.
I am real happy with my load and would hate to have to start over but now am a little concerned to use them for hunting.

Funny... I was also a confirmed 6mm, 7mm and 308 guy as well and still use them but like Darrell I found a GREAT cartridge in the 6.5 Creedmoor and it has quickly moved to my absolute favorite all time cartridge for range work and small to medium size game in over 50 years of shooting center fire rifles. It's so practical, inherently accurate and fun to shoot.

Thanks for a great article Darrell. I couldn't agree more....

Now I have had a 6.5PRC built as well and hope for similar results but time and a lot of shooting will tell.

Great sensible article from a man with lots of experience! Thanks, Darrell!!! Also, one of my favorite cartridges - fun to shoot, easy to reload, great brass, powder and bullet choices, and groups that put a smile on your face without putting major dent in your wallet or your shoulder.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.