Partition vs TTSX vs Bondstrike

All, I m interested in the groups opinion or experiences with these bullets.

I love the Nosler Partition. I've been shooting in all my big game rifles for 25 years. I've not had any issues other than a drop off in accuracy in the 600Yd range. I've always thought they should do something about the soft lead tip.

I have some friends that are totally enamored with the Barnes TTSX and the Norma Bondstrike. The numbers published are impressive.

The two rifles I've seen the accuracy drop off are in the 300 Weatherby and the 300 RUM in 180Gr Partition for both.

I'm interested in your thoughts.

I was absolutely Partition, and they're still a good choice, until the Barnes X's came out in the early '90's. Barnes is our "go to" bullet for all big game hunting. No experience with the Bondstrike's. memtb

All good bullets and all have there place. Just depends on what your trying to accomplish, will determine which one will work the best for you.

The partitions are a great bullet. But if you want the best go to hammer. The do everything a Barnes does but better. I can't see one thing Barnes does better. And I used to run Barnes, then cutting edge, and now hammers. Hammers just seem to do a better in all ranges.

I've had some awesome results with 140 partitions on elk with my 6.5 saum.
Switching to the 127 LRX this year for less meat damage.
Hoping they kill like a partition

I wouldn't count on it. Barnes bullets tend to hold together and retain nearly all their weight. There's no 'frag' effect unless you hit bone on the way in

The partitions I have recovered shed 30-40% of their weight. They frag even if only soft tissue is encountered.

The wound channels look very different.

On one hand, dead is dead, but on the other, not all bullets are created equal.

All I can say is; you like the Nosler partition, you will love hammer bullets.

All 3 are very good but at long range I would lean towards nosler or norma . Barnes are great bullet but at lower velocity they can pencil through.

I have never used the bondstrike, but like you I used the partition for over 25 years, had a lot of success as well as a few failures, while I never lost a animal single animal with the partition, they did lead to recovery issues, I've had bullets tumble resulting in the loss of both front and rear core leading to failures of penetration, I've had bullets actually bend rather than expand, again leading to difficult recovery, I started to make the switch to Barnes back in the 90's and never looked back, which helped when my state outlawed lead projectiles, I've harvested well over a hundred head of big game since the switch, my feeling is I managed to hang tags on animals that I may have failed to recover if I had been using any other bullet, myself and a few buddies gave hammers a try for a few seasons they are a great bullet, I harvested a half dozen deer and a number of coyotes as well, only one of the coyotes dropped at the shot, with the Barnes I've had far more drop at the shot than I with anything else, I have not found a opportunity to take anything that was much beyond 600 yards while using the barnes, but when I have they have performed perfectly, im more concerned with penetration at close range than anything else, as for drop of in accuracy, its not likely the fault of the bullet as it is a change in harmonics, I've had accuracy changes accur in several rifles, I have always been to restore the accuracy by adjusting the load, sometimes its been found in seating depths or increases or decreases in powder charge, or a switch of powders,