Parker County Range

txlongrange

Just curious as to any members that shoot at the Parker County Range in TX. I've recently started shooting here with my boss. The range is limited to about 280 yards at the berm, but it is still a nice place to go.

The main reason that I haven't joined yet is that I have a private place to shoot around 300 yards....and get to travel to a 500 yard private range from time to time.

However, I wouldn't mind meeting up with a few folks that shoot at Parker County.

Take care,

TXLR

I have not been to the Parker Range, but have access to private land that allows us to 500 yards in Runnels Co.

Have you been out to the 1000 yd range in Stephenville? I plan to drive out and check it out. I believe you have to join/be a member to shoot on the 1000 yard line.

I am always interested in new placed to shoot. The main range I use, primarily for sight verification, is only 10 miles away but is limited to 100 yards....

I need to get out to Tac-Pro myself. I believe you can shoot up to 500 yards without taking a class. After that you have to take the 1000 yard qualifier class. You do not have to be a member, but the class is cheaper if you are.

I know there are a few guys on here that shoot Tac-Pro regularly. Maybe we can all hook up out there one day.

Side note: They are having the LSSO (Lone Star Shootout) next weekend (Apr 18th), which I may just go out to watch this time around.

TXLR

I've been a member at Parker County for about 4 years now. I enjoy the club and it''s a nice place to shoot.
The club just re-groomed the 100 and 200/250 ranges. They fixed the water standing issues by correcting the slop at the target ends, overhauled the target stand placements. Put in thick gravel walking lanes... no more wading mud at the far ends.
Would like to hook up with some shooters also.
[email protected]

Azle, TX

In addition to their classes Tac Pro also has 1000 yard qualifiers twice a year. I believe the next one is in mid September. Check their website for dates. If you do the qualifier ensure your rifle and ammo is capable three hits out of five at 200, 300, 500 and 1000.You need to have your scope settings figured out before you get there. The target is a 20" gong so it is not too difficult to do however if you miss all more than two at any range you are aked to leave and try again next time.

George Springer

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts