Paramount Pro Accuracy Issue

I have a 15moa base and more adjustment than I need. Never used this ..... always dial
Nightforce 5-22x50 NXS

NXS - MOAR file.jpg

Usually it's not necessary but even with a 20 moa base and depending on the range, the reticle can be a real good thing. Had to use it on my 338 lm improved when I only had a 20moa base and internal was 35 when range was over a mile. Eventually went to a 60 minute base but until that, the reticle really shined for those longer ranges. Much rather dial like you stated. The reticle makes improvising easy.

@VLD Pilot what speeds are you getting from the 132 Gr. By weight? How about speeds on your reduced charge?

@ENCORE what is our load and speed you're getting with the 300 Gr bullets?

@VLD Pilot what speeds are you getting from the 132 Gr. By weight? How about speeds on your reduced charge?

@ENCORE what is our load and speed you're getting with the 300 Gr bullets?
Running around 2600+ with 132 grains volume not weight. I've ran it up to over 160 grains and achieved over 2800 fps but accuracy deteriorated. 146 grains gave me decent accuracy and 2740 fps. Groups at 200 were right at 2". Never went beyond that. My 132 grain load is the best all around load.

Running around 2600+ with 132 grains volume not weight. I've ran it up to over 160 grains and achieved over 2800 fps but accuracy deteriorated. 146 grains gave me decent accuracy and 2740 fps. Groups at 200 were right at 2". Never went beyond that. My 132 grain load is the best all around load.
Oh shoot, I read that wrong apparently. Thought you'd said by weight until I went back and reread, oops.

Just got my 45 cal Pro a few weeks ago and glad I came across threads like this talking about issues with the CVA brake as that WAS the brake I was going to order. Guess it's too good to be true for a side ported, self timing brake in this 3/4"x20 thread for $100.

I've got the 285 Powerbelt ELR's but may look into the 300 Grn XLR bullets.

So at .452" with the XLR's, can they just be sized down without issues? I've heard and read that the CVA Paramount Pro bore runs large and people have been having to size up their bullets somehow. I'm fine with sizing down if that's what it takes.

I believe VLD Pilot is running a 40 cal paramount like I am. My experience with the 45 cal paramount pro was with my father's rig. We ended up running the powerbelts at 150gr by volume, 105 by weight with great results. 200 yard groups hovered right under 1.5 inches without patching between shots.

I believe VLD Pilot is running a 40 cal paramount like I am. My experience with the 45 cal paramount pro was with my father's rig. We ended up running the powerbelts at 150gr by volume, 105 by weight with great results. 200 yard groups hovered right under 1.5 inches without patching between shots.
That's really good and probably where I'll end up right around 105 by weight.

Oh shoot, I read that wrong apparently. Thought you'd said by weight until I went back and reread, oops.

Just got my 45 cal Pro a few weeks ago and glad I came across threads like this talking about issues with the CVA brake as that WAS the brake I was going to order. Guess it's too good to be true for a side ported, self timing brake in this 3/4"x20 thread for $100.

I've got the 285 Powerbelt ELR's but may look into the 300 Grn XLR bullets.

So at .452" with the XLR's, can they just be sized down without issues? I've heard and read that the CVA Paramount Pro bore runs large and people have been having to size up their bullets somehow. I'm fine with sizing down if that's what it takes.
The 225s are all I've shot in my gun. Haven't even researched other bullets due to how well these shoot. Looking forward to seeing how they perform on game this December.

I'm using a higher power model from Sightron. 4-20x50. FFPs won't matter what the mag range is set at. If it's an MOA or a Mil reticle, the power setting won't change POA/POI. SFP needs to be set at the highest power for the reticle to be used accura
I got my arrowhead brake yesterday, heading to the range this morning. Using 105g by weight BH209 and 280g ELR. This is my last attempt. I plan on zeroing at 100, and dialing at 200 once I figure out the drop (if I can actually group)

Finally got out today. 280g ELR, 105g of BH209, CCI LR primers, arrowheads MB. 1.5" groups at 100yrds, and 1.25" groups at 200yrds. 🤷‍♂️. Shot without led sled, only used sand bags. Not unhappy but can def do better. Arrowhead MB worked well, but slightly more recoil than the CVA MB. CVA MB doesn't work though, so there's that. Weird thing is the AH Muzzle brake comes with a powder funnel, but after 6 shots it won't fit down the MB anymore. In my GB right now, gonna test it all out

Carl that 200 yards is pretty good <MOA. At that rate you'll have a 1" group at 300 yards :). Sounds like pretty decent accuracy, at least much better than the CVA brake and your prior experiences.

I just ordered my brake from Anarchy Outdoors for the Paramount in Titanium. Hope to get to the range to try this thing out before long. Will report back when I do. Hope your next session goes even better for you!

Do you know what speed you're getting with the PB 280gr and 105 by weight BH209?

Last edited: