Paramount Pro Accuracy Issue

If you guys with the CVA brake have other bullets to try, you should if they fit the bore. Fury makes bullets specific to the Paramount and bullet to bore.
I'd rather pay 5 times as much for a brake that works and won't fail.

Inside of my MB was pretty chewed up. 20
Shots fired

Attachments

• 190306AD-A504-4D73-A105-1BDFA195186C.jpeg
    190306AD-A504-4D73-A105-1BDFA195186C.jpeg
    820.4 KB · Views: 306
Yeah, not sure if its a causing contact with the bullet, or if that is from the ram rod coming out of the muzzle, but either way something is going on and the seem to be cheaply made. If it is some sort of baffle strike, there is a major safety concern. None the less, it ain't going back on the gun and CVA will be getting a call this morning.

Yeah, not sure if its a causing contact with the bullet, or if that is from the ram rod coming out of the muzzle, but either way something is going on and the seem to be cheaply made. If it is some sort of baffle strike, there is a major safety concern. None the less, it ain't going back on the gun and CVA will be getting a call this morning.
Do you mind if I share that photo? Some guys get all knotted up after posting a photo on a public forum and it gets shared.

So I decided to send it back CVA. I spent 30 min on the phone with them discussed the issues I was having with the brake and accuracy. Happily they paid for shipping, but I won't have it back for at least 30 days. Sucks and I'm not happy

I've searched and have been unable to find anyone else having a similar issue so here goes: My father purchased a new .45cal CVA Paramount Pro a couple weeks ago. Had a Hawke 2.5-10 illuminated 30mm tube scope mounted in Warne steel rings on Warne steel bases and bore sighted. .45cal CVA muzzle brake installed at same time, all at the same shop. I weighed out 10 105gr(150 by volume) charges of blackhorn for him and he went to zero it at 100yds the next day. He calls me at work the next day pretty disgusted and says he sent 10 rds down range (last 3 were from 50yds) and he's got 1 bullet on paper and thinks he can see another 2 in the target boards about 1ft on each side of the paper. Fast forward a few days and now it's my turn. I removed the scope, torqued bases, remounted scope, torqued action screws to 50inlbs and weighed some more charges. I got it on paper at 50, moves to 100yd board and proceeded to put up a 29.5 inch 3 shot group. No swabbing, no scope adjustments. Talked to owner of shop and he said try 140gr volume charge and he emailed cva while I was on the phone with him. Next two shots with 140gr were 20 inches apart. Left it until yesterday, decided to screw the brake off and see what happens and put up a 1.25 inch clover at 100. Adjusted POI and shot another 2 touching each other exactly where I adj'd scope to. Probably the only part even made by CVA was the brake. Hopefully this will save someone some heartache and components.

Guys that are intent on shooting that ELR bullet have found that completely eliminating the brake brings all accuracy back. Its not so much the brake itself, but its the ELR bullet and skirt that is causing the problems. Guys that are using other flat based bullets, bullet to bore and sized w/wad, have good accuracy with the brake.

I've searched and have been unable to find anyone else having a similar issue so here goes: My father purchased a new .45cal CVA Paramount Pro a couple weeks ago. Had a Hawke 2.5-10 illuminated 30mm tube scope mounted in Warne steel rings on Warne steel bases and bore sighted. .45cal CVA muzzle brake installed at same time, all at the same shop. I weighed out 10 105gr(150 by volume) charges of blackhorn for him and he went to zero it at 100yds the next day. He calls me at work the next day pretty disgusted and says he sent 10 rds down range (last 3 were from 50yds) and he's got 1 bullet on paper and thinks he can see another 2 in the target boards about 1ft on each side of the paper. Fast forward a few days and now it's my turn. I removed the scope, torqued bases, remounted scope, torqued action screws to 50inlbs and weighed some more charges. I got it on paper at 50, moves to 100yd board and proceeded to put up a 29.5 inch 3 shot group. No swabbing, no scope adjustments. Talked to owner of shop and he said try 140gr volume charge and he emailed cva while I was on the phone with him. Next two shots with 140gr were 20 inches apart. Left it until yesterday, decided to screw the brake off and see what happens and put up a 1.25 inch clover at 100. Adjusted POI and shot another 2 touching each other exactly where I adj'd scope to. Probably the only part even made by CVA was the brake. Hopefully this will save someone some heartache and components.
Myself and friend both have experienced issues with the CVA ,45 cal.Paramount Pro. When our back-ordered guns arrived,I mounted 4-20x50 Burris Veracity Scopes. I shot both guns with the recommended loads of 105grs. BLKH 209 powder ( weighed) ,280gr. Powerbelt ELR

I've been looking at these ML rifles since they were introduced. Anything with the LR designation on it makes me interested. Some, not many of my ML shots can be out to 300 yards. IMO, that's not really LR considering most ML rifles can perform well enough at that range if your accuracy is there. Out west I'd say these rifles shine. The CVA is very reasonably priced but I have no real life experience or heard any on LR use with it. My White ML rifle shoots 1 moa at 100 yards with a 290 PB bullet. Groups stay very good out to 300 but not sure how bullet performance or energy is at 300 yards. The ELR bullets are much my efficient and carry energy and velocity much better. Curious if anyone has real life experience hunting with these rifles out too or beyond 300 yards ? What bullets were used and what powder charge used ? I typically run 90-100 grains of Triple7 powder. It's where my best accuracy is at. Go up to 120+ and accuracy declines. How does the CVA PP perform with higher charges 150+ ?