Paramount 1st shot of the day issues.

Attached are my first 3 shots at 200 yards from my paramount yesterday morning. It had a clean barrel before the first shot. I did fire a single primer before the first load and ran dry patches down the barrel between each shot. My groups tighten up if I run a dry patch down the barrel between shots. It will still provide an acceptable load to kill a deer out to 300 yards if I don't run a dry patch between shots but I will make the extra effort to find the tightest groups possible.

I've tested multiple bullets and loads and have found 98 gr (by weight) of Blackhorn 209 pushing 280 gr ELR Powerbelts is the most accurate load. With the Paramount, the easiest thing to do is follow the recommendations that CVA has.
9W1Lu4lVQ0GKmSjJS16pkQ.jpg

I always swab two patches to get out excess oil and the fire two primers. The final step that I do is take a patch and swab the bore after firing two primers. This distributes the primer fouling throughout the bore and replicated a fouled bore. I load gun with BH209 and don't reload it until it's either shot or there are large temperature swings and there was condensation.

Hello everyone, I'm new to longrangehunting.com. Looks like a great site with lots of knowledgeable shooters. Question for you Paramount shooters. I have one of the first 2019 Paramount rifles. My rifle shoots the 280gr ELR bullet with 102.5gr weighed BH 209 & Federal 210 lg rifle primers very well. If I don't mess up the shot moa or a little over out to 300 yds is normal. My problem is the first shot of the day out of a clean cold barrel hits the target 2-3 inches low & 2" right at 100yds. Subsequent shots are right on target. Has anyone else had this problem? Any solutions. Thanks.
your shooting 102.5 gr weighed powder?

Have come to conclusion that a very clean and dry bore should have a light lubrication before firing. Imagine the friction and heat as the bullet travels through the dry bore. Jacket material gets hot enough to melt, not from the burning gases but from the friction.

I would suggest you shoot the rifle through a chronograph and check first 5 shot string. By shooting low, And right is characteristic of a slow shot throwing it out of the group.
Some rifle barrels are particular about the lube that is used in storage, Some Silicone and water displacer lubes like WD 40 will not work in some barrels.
When I started shooting muzzleloaders about 50 years ago I was having the same trouble. It was taking 3 or 4 shot to get my rifle to settle down. I was disgusted with the rifle at a shoot one day, An old man asked, "What lube are you using in the barrel to store rifle". I stated WD 40. He looked at me and said, "Just use cheap 20W motor oil, For short periods of storage". It cleans out easier, The old gentleman was right, The first shot was there. Paper targets and squirrels hated that rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.