Parallax wheel

It allows easier fine adjustment, particularly on stiff parallax knobs. I've tested one on a Kahles 1050i (LR target rifle) but I don't use it; I don't want a large, easy to snag object hanging off my scope that could get bumped easily or increase leverage on the knob if struck.

I can see that. I understand that when shooting 338 Lapua, everything has to be "stiff" or it moves around, but it seemed to me that the "wheel" just defeated the purpose of a stiff adjustment. Thanks for a users perspective.

Well, you might notice the biggest wheels for field target air gun scopes. How do you think they're using it?
Field Target Scope.jpg

The 'purpose' of a side focus adjustment is not to be 'stiff'

I havent a clue how they are using it. But my scope is on a 338 Lapua Magnum. I would hazard a guess judging by the scale on the outside diameter, that they are using it for ranging.

I recently got one of D. Holland's rifle scopes. It had a large parallax wheel (not That large). Stated it was for air guns - but was easily removed. Took the wheel off and now the scope and parallel knob is "normal". Still easy to turn and shoots well on a 7mm RUM.
Surely looked goofy at first!

Yes its easy to remove, but why is it used on airguns??? As for being stiff, yes all adjustments have to be stiff with big bommers or the recoil shock can move them out of adjustment. I have all my screws set in locktite. Dont want to have ANY creep in the adjustments.

Mine is an Ohhunt 5.7-34x50 SFP MilDot reticle but there are others the same. Its not an unusual feature and you can buy weels to add to Leopold and other well known scopes

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.