Parallax question

lefty15

I am going to be buying a new scope and it will be either an IOR 4 x 14 x 50mm or Zeiss 4 x 14 x 50mm.
The question I have is,lets say that you have a scope with an adjustable parallax which is set at 100 yards, and your rifle is sighted in at 100 yards. you are presented with a 300 yard shot which does not allow you to adjust the parallax. Will the rifle shoot where it is supposed to, or will the parallax have to be adjusted before the shot to 300 yards?

If you're on 14X and the parallax is set for 100 yds, a 300 yd target will be somewhat blurry and you will have a fair amount of parallax. That's on 14X. Not many people are going to walk around expecting a quick shot with the scope on 14X.

With the scope on 4X, it's not a worry. Point and shoot, it won't matter where the parallax is set. Most of the time you'd use 14X in the field you'll have time to give the sidefocus a quick turn.

Lefty

After buying my first side focus scope I never went back .

It is easy and faster than the front (objective) focus.

Being 'older' it allways gives me a clear picture.

Just my 2cents
J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.