Parallax Question.

louis f

Just got back from some 1000 yard shooting. My question how do you dial out Parallax at 1000 yds when you have Mirage? I am a novice at shooting that far.

like Rich said. position your eye so that the blacked out view through the scope is even all the way around like using an aperture or [peep sight] and this eliminates parallax. probably a good solution if there is not a lot of time for a shot.

like Rich said. position your eye so that the blacked out view through the scope is even all the way around like using an aperture or [peep sight] and this eliminates parallax. probably a good solution if there is not a lot of time for a shot.
So if I am following what you are saying that will center my eye in the scope and then be parallax free. Good idea. Thanks!!

If you are lined up directly behind the scope you will not experience any.
Using "vignetting" is a technique (the black around the reticle as described above). However, not the preferred method for extended range shooting because the reticle is not centered in the scope. Plus it takes practice, and slows down close in quick shooting. I don't recommend using it. Just adjust the parallax out, or set the rifle up to fit you better so it is easier to line up behind the scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.