Parallax add adjustable to VX-1

elktaker

Okay question for those that know parallax.

I have the from outer ring off my VX-1 (4-12x) (which has no parallax adjustment)

Looking at it - it looks like I could glue/lock tight the outer ring to the threaded ring with the front lens in it and adjust the parallax by adding lines similar to other scopes with the parallax on the bell.

Couple of question:

Any one know how much parallax the scope is capable of adjusting before running out of threads?

Also for longer range, do I want the lens to go in or out?

And last, will the scope be damaged if I screw up and unthread the lens and break the seal?

Thanks

"IN" is great.

If I mark it, I do not have to worry about releasing the gas by going to far out. Believe I had leupold set it to 150 yds when my M1 Turrets were installed. Might be a little hard to turn in a hurry will hunting but at the range will be nice for load development at long range.

I had to turn the objective in about 1/6 turn in to get to 300 yd from the 100 yd factory setting on a VX2. Just make the adjustment at a known range and check as you go by moving your head up and down until parallax disappears at the range you want.

The plan is to take it to the range probably get it setup to 800yds parallex free. Snug the outer bell ring down and glue it to the thread below so when I true the ring it looses the lens.

I am thinking about adding something to catch at 100 yards parallax free to avoid accidently unscrewing it too far.

I am waiting for my pacnor barrel to arrive so I have a lot of down time. It has been over 10 weeks already.

The worst thing that will happen to your scope if it gets air inside is that it can fog up at an inoperative time.That's why scopes are Nitrogen filled. But if you're careful I think you're gonna be fine. Those are fairly fine threads on the objective lens, so you can go a long ways. But you probably won't need that much adjustment. Use the end piece for a lock nut. Don't lock both together.

The worst thing that will happen to your scope if it gets air inside is that it can fog up at an inoperative time.That's why scopes are Nitrogen filled. But if you're careful I think you're gonna be fine. Those are fairly fine threads on the objective lens, so you can go a long ways. But you probably won't need that much adjustment. Use the end piece for a lock nut. Don't lock both together.

Idea for locking both together is for quick use. I long range hunt and would like to quickly be able to turn it and I would be able to mark it with yardage lines to use.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.