palmetto state armory PA-10

7man

I've wanted an ar-10 for a while now, and i pulled the trigger, when i found PSA selling a complete upper with stainless steel barrel, nickel boron coated bcg, and lower build kit for 629.99. The lower receiver cost me 100.00 with shipping and dealer transfer. 729.99 later, and I have an ar-10! And I had money left over for some furniture. MOE handguard, MOE k2+ grip and Magpul STR buttstock. I topped it off with a Vortex Crossfire II 2-7x32. Assembly of the kit was easy. I came home and had a fully assembled rifle before my wife came home from work:cool:
Next question, how was accuracy? I was a little worried about this, being this is psa's first run on an ar in 308, but those worries were laid to rest after I shot my first group. Under 1" at 100 yards resting the rifle on my jacket, using the federal 7.62x51 NATO 149 gr fmj m80. I was very happy.
I was planning on using this for deer hunting this year, so a box of winchester power point 150 gr was in order. The group was 1.75" with the winchester and I sighted it in 2" high at 100yds.
I want to tell you I killed a deer this year with it, but I did not. I am however, very happy with the rifle.

Attachments

• PA10.2.jpg
    PA10.2.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 221
  • PA10.jpg
    PA10.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 214
  • PA10lower.jpg
    PA10lower.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 186
  • PA10triggergroup.jpg
    PA10triggergroup.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 203
  • PA10bcg.jpg
    PA10bcg.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 211
  • PA-10group.jpg
    PA-10group.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 194
Thats awesome for under 800 bucks. Palmetto is a great place. Now all you have to do is replace the carbine stock for an A2 rifle stock and make it a real rifle. :)

I'm not sure which it is, or if it's their own. I could call PSA or I also have a friend who has a dpms 308. I could see if my lower will fit. I bought everything from psa, because I didn't want the headache of piecing together incomparable parts.

Lol. Thanks, before I got the AR 10, I already had two AR 15's. One is my 'rifle rig' in 5.56 with 20" barrel, free float tube and A2 stock, and the other is my 'tactical rig' with rails and collapsible stock. I was actually switching lowers so i had a collapsible stock for coyote hunting. I actually prefer the function of the carbine stock, but I totally agree with you on the looks of the A2.

I contacted PSA by phone. Their tech said they will not advise or recommend the fittment of their upper assembly to any other lower than their own. Nor would they advise their lower to be mated to any other upper assembly. Regardless of dimensional compatibility. Really good non-specific answer gentlemen!

Thats awesome for under 800 bucks. Palmetto is a great place. Now all you have to do is replace the carbine stock for an A2 rifle stock and make it a real rifle. :)

Negative, MagPul PRS all the way :cool:

That's a pretty decent setup for what you have into it, hard to turn down.... Their reply is interesting, it definitely makes one raise their eyebrow.

t

I have a friend with a dpms. Maybe we'll see if the upper and lower might be able to work. No promises, but if I get a chance I can post the findings.

I haven't touched one, but on arfcom they're saying the PSA uppers will fit on DPMS lowers, but won't function correctly.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.