pain killer muzzle brakes

joe30007

I cant get in contact with Kirby Allen. I am ordering my barrel and need to know the largest muzzle dia I can have and still blend in with the 5 port pk brake. What are the dimensions of the brake?

I cant get in contact with Kirby Allen. I am ordering my barrel and need to know the largest muzzle dia I can have and still blend in with the 5 port pk brake. What are the dimensions of the brake?

Think his allen mags tapper to .960 at the muzzle, not sure about what his threads are...His email is on his posts here,,,,I think he just got back from hunting and he is still answering tons of emails...send him an email, he will answer..He answered mine, but do know he's busy as a one armed paper hanger

chow

I have wrote a few. Want him to chamber barrel for me and install one of his brakes. I want the largest muzzle dia I can keep and still match up.

Joe,

I emailed Kirby a while back asking the same question. This was his response:

For the large 5 port brake, anything in the 0.950" to 1.050" range works very well.

My large 5 port PKs are $255 shipped to you or your smith. Just send payment the address below in my signature. They are in stock ready to ship. These brakes need to be indexed, reamed 20 thou over bullet diameter and surface finished to your desired finish. Easily an hour or less work.

--
Kirby

Allen Precision Shooting
#99 Stevenson Rd.
Fort Shaw, MT 59443
[email protected]

I believe he said the very largest you could use was 1.100" but no bigger. I hope this helps.

DoubleG

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.