pact pc2 chronograph

retiredcpo

anyone have any idea if this model is good or not?
I dont have a chronogragh. One is listed here locally used for $75.
thanks retiredcpo

I own one. It's a decent chronograph in good natural lighting conditions. I also own an Oehler 33. The PACT and Oehler are set up in series so that every shot is recorded by both chronographs. So I can speak with pretty good knowledge on the two models.

I wouldn't purchase the PACT if it was going to be my sole chronograph. As the light gets dim it fails to provide readings much sooner than the Oehler 33. With sufficient natural lighting, the PACT will normally provide readings very consistent with the Oehler. When one of my two chronos spits out a bogus number, it is usually the PACT.

I'm pretty serious about getting good chrono data so temper my comments with that in mind. If you're willing to live with the occasional hiccup and plan to use the PACT with sufficient natural light, then it will generally give good velocity data and may be adequate for your intended usage. Keep a spare 9V battery with it. It draws the battery down when you least want to lose functionality.

Last edited:
phorwath
thanks for the info
we do most of our load work and group shooting early in the morning less wind but light is not the best either.
not really sure I need a chronograph we normally just find a load that groups good and not worry about velocity but saw a add for one that looked cheap
Retiredcpo

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.