Packing Puffy Jacket / Pants

Kimber.204

My style of hunting has changed in recent years and I spend more time on stand. To help me stay warm I recently purchased a set of First Lite Uncompahgre pants. I like them a lot, but they are bulkier than I expected and I'm just wondering if other folks who use puffy pants/jackets as part of their layering system have a better way of carrying them than to just stuff them in the top of the pack when not in use? Anyone use a small stuff sack or something?

Thanks,
Ross

Small stuff sacks are great if you can ever find them in your gear(I lose mine all the time).
I use those small 6-8" long bungies to bind my extra clothes. cheap and easy.

I use the small stuff sacks for lots of stuff. Great way to keep my pack organized. One for puffy jacket and pants, one for gloves/hats etc., one for stove/cup/ spork/fuel.

I have both pants and uppers (vest & jacket) that is super warm packable, light and expensive! I don't do much sitting but check out kuiu's puffy stuff. I don't think you would want to wear the pants out and about much as they seem like they would rip. They pack super small into their own pocket.

kuiu also has small bags that could be used as stuff sacks.
Guess I'm Uber on the kuiu gear but it works good

My style of hunting has changed in recent years and I spend more time on stand. To help me stay warm I recently purchased a set of First Lite Uncompahgre pants. I like them a lot, but they are bulkier than I expected and I'm just wondering if other folks who use puffy pants/jackets as part of their layering system have a better way of carrying them than to just stuff them in the top of the pack when not in use? Anyone use a small stuff sack or something?

Thanks,
Ross
Yes.....I hike back in the mountains 5am and I wear only a base layer top until I reach my spot. Then I layer up with a down jacket, wool camo parka. Keeps me good and warm! Oh, I have a X2 backpack that I stuff my layers in until needed.

Stuff sack. I bought a variety pack of drawstring mesh bags (somewhere) that I love for big single items like vests and pants.

My puffy just packs into its own pocket and there's a plastic hook inside the pocket...the pocket turns inside out when you stuff the puffy and leave a hook on the outside to attach anywhere on pack or on pants

I use dry bags to stuff things and keep them dry when I'm on Alaska trips or in wet/snowy conditions elsewhere. Dry bags come in different thickness/weights. I have several that only weigh about an ounce. My Kifaru bag has several different compartments where I can stuff things with quick access to them. Kifaru also offers small pouches, lids, etc that can be added to their bags.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.