Packing for a hunting trip as an elderly

After a long day hiking at night I get cramps in my legs. After training for a Triathlon with a group of guys on. 50 mile bike ride my legs cramped so bad I couldn't move. A former Navy Seal that was with us threw me a pack of mustard from a fast food chain. Almost immediately the cramp stoped. I always carry a couple packs in my pack and close to my bag at night. More than once it's saved me

Jimmy
Wow,never heard of that before.

No joke, 2016 I headed back to Pennsylvania to deer hunt with my family, first night at camp my prostate enlarged to the point I couldn't pee, 16 hours later I tapped out, I thought my bladder was about to burst, I never knew what agonizing pain was until then, I would have given my house away for any relief. Anyway, the hospital they got me to was in network so my insurance covered 80% of the bill. Back there I'm now known as the catheter king for as many times one was put up my privates and yanked out. Doesn't hurt to look ahead and see if a hospital in the area your going to hunt takes your primary insurance, otherwise you could be stuck with a hefty bill
No joke, 2016 I headed back to Pennsylvania to deer hunt with my family, first night at camp my prostate enlarged to the point I couldn't pee, 16 hours later I tapped out, I thought my bladder was about to burst, I never knew what agonizing pain was until then, I would have given my house away for any relief. Anyway, the hospital they got me to was in network so my insurance covered 80% of the bill. Back there I'm now known as the catheter king for as many times one was put up my privates and yanked out. Doesn't hurt to look ahead and see if a hospital in the area your going to hunt takes your primary insurance, otherwise you could be stuck with a hefty bill
Pack some corn husker lotion and keep those pipes clean.

CoExtra glasses, hearing aid batteries
Spare pair of glasses and extra hearing aid batteries.
You guys make me feel much better about myself, I thought it was only me. Can't be without the glasses, hearing aids, cpap and everything else you guys have mentioned. The best information from the group is don't ignore you health issues or keep them secret. bbuffalo's magnesium story/advice was hilarious, I can see it happening! As my dad aged he always said "getting old ain't for sissies". Gosh I miss that man, I wish I could trade old people stories with him.

After a long day hiking at night I get cramps in my legs. After training for a Triathlon with a group of guys on. 50 mile bike ride my legs cramped so bad I couldn't move. A former Navy Seal that was with us threw me a pack of mustard from a fast food chain. Almost immediately the cramp stoped. I always carry a couple packs in my pack and close to my bag at night. More than once it's saved me

Jimmy
This absolutely works! My wife gets bad leg cramps and I laughed when I seen her sucking on a mustard packet while cramping. Fast forward a month and my leg was cramping so bad I had to try it and immediately got relief.

Jimmy
Can you describe this? I am visioning a packet of mustard that you squeeze out on a hotdog. Never mind. I see where you said it was a packet of mustard from a fast food chain. Well, might as well have that hotdog too while I am at it. Lol.

Jimmy
Wow ! That's crazy. I get cramps at night in thighs and legs. Potassium helps but I don't want to take it often and I usually forget. I have to know what's in it that works ! I love ketchup though. Too bad it wasn't it. I keep the ketchup packets in my truck and squirt them in my mouth now and then. I like ketchup on my ketchup 😉 I'm going to try the mustard .
Thanks !

MTGEEZER

Dammit Dan ! I didn't know that. What next ! 😟
Hey, Don. Ya, it all started with a simple hearing test and morphed into a neurosurgeon finding a "severely restricted" artery. Just had another roll through the donut 2 days ago and will get the results Monday. This could seriously impact my hunting season!!! Geez, you'd think the surgeons would know when NOT to go cutting on people! Will text you when I know more. So, go shoot some stuff and send me some pics. Good luck, my friend!!! DT in MT

Hey, Don. Ya, it all started with a simple hearing test and morphed into a neurosurgeon finding a "severely restricted" artery. Just had another roll through the donut 2 days ago and will get the results Monday. This could seriously impact my hunting season!!! Geez, you'd think the surgeons would know when NOT to go cutting on people! Will text you when I know more. So, go shoot some stuff and send me some pics. Good luck, my friend!!! DT in MT
I remember your hearing tests. Man, blows me away the stuff they can find ... If you can shoot , come on down and we'll go to shooting complex. Or to range in Nye, Mt. By buddy's cabin. They moved range location. I don't like the uphill to 500 yds though. I'm thinking Cody closer. Dam Dam... General elk opens tomorrow. I haven't even found a sage hen to shoot at. Sorry Richard. Don't want to derail. Digging your thread. Dan, you and Rooster hang in there brothers ! 👍🏼❤️🇺🇸

WOW,are there any young guys on this forum? I thought I was one of very few old coots with health issues. Keep going as long as you can. God bless you all..... already has I guess!!!!
Define young? I'm 36 and definitely don't feel 20 anymore but I'm still plenty capable of getting around the mountains.

Recent Posts