Packing for a hunting trip as an elderly

And then the Dude wipes? LOL
Definitely.

Should give a warning on the magnesium advice.

I was on a trip with a buddy who was bound up for two days so I gave him some just before bed. I warned him if you wake up in the middle of the night and you think you have to fart you are wrong. He said he remembered my warning a split second too late...

My son in law say to me when i fart "that's gonna itch when it dries". He's more right than wrong. Lol. I started drinking a mixture of juices about 7 years ago that someone with 3 fused vertebrae in his back suggested. If you Google" jogging in a jug" you will see the recipe. It goes like this
2qts of apple juice
1qt of grape juice
¾cup of apple cider vinegar
¾cup of honey
Drink 4 to 6 ozs a day
. I have arthritis from playing sports my entire like. I started this and I'm completely pain free today. It really works...not kidding. My golf partner is a Dr. He says nothing will hurt me in the drink but the acv is what is ridding me of the arthritis and honey has more natural benefits than we think. Give it a try....it took about 3 weeks b4 i noticed i had no pain. My wife calls it "old people juice ". She's so mean. Lol

Ok my fellow geezers, this has been a game changer for me for last 5 years or so. This is an adhesive heat pack that lasts at least 12 hours!!!!! In most cases, they last longer! You place them on your T-shirt etc but NOT skin! I have stenosis and arthritis in back, place on T shirt at location and enjoy nice heat to the area. I use them overnight and in sleeping bag they keep you warm when you place over kidney area. Sore muscles? They work like champ. Reasonably priced at Walmart. They usually have clearance on them and I bought a bunch of the 8 packs for $1/each!!! If it is going to be a bitter day, I put one on lower back. You gotta try them to feel how great they work!
7D4F470B-9902-4373-AEFB-C8B7B2727343.jpeg

My son in law say to me when i fart "that's gonna itch when it dries". He's more right than wrong. Lol. I started drinking a mixture of juices about 7 years ago that someone with 3 fused vertebrae in his back suggested. If you Google" jogging in a jug" you will see the recipe. It goes like this
2qts of apple juice
1qt of grape juice
¾cup of apple cider vinegar
¾cup of honey
Drink 4 to 6 ozs a day
. I have arthritis from playing sports my entire like. I started this and I'm completely pain free today. It really works...not kidding. My golf partner is a Dr. He says nothing will hurt me in the drink but the acv is what is ridding me of the arthritis and honey has more natural benefits than we think. Give it a try....it took about 3 weeks b4 i noticed i had no pain. My wife calls it "old people juice ". She's so mean. Lol

Ok my fellow geezers, this has been a game changer for me for last 5 years or so. This is an adhesive heat pack that lasts at least 12 hours!!!!! In most cases, they last longer! You place them on your T-shirt etc but NOT skin! I have stenosis and arthritis in back, place on T shirt at location and enjoy nice heat to the area. I use them overnight and in sleeping bag they keep you warm when you place over kidney area. Sore muscles? They work like champ. Reasonably priced at Walmart. They usually have clearance on them and I bought a bunch of the 8 packs for $1/each!!! If it is going to be a bitter day, I put one on lower back. You gotta try them to feel how great they work!View attachment 397493
Do you put these on your body or an inside garment?

Mike the docs are talking about that for me.
The problem I have is they have to kill area (Ablation)so the signals from the part that makes your heart beat will not work anymore,only the pacemaker works.What if the battery goes dead?
I'm on meds to try and keep from a pacemaker.
Enlighten me brother as I may need one soon
@Old rooster: I have had my pacemaker for 7 years now and no problems. 22 months ago, I had to have an ablation (was the worst of the 5 heart "procedures" I've had) to reduce the pre-ventricular contractions I was having. While I am certainly not a cardiologist, it seems quite extreme that your cardiologist would want to destroy all signal sending tissue. Maybe a second opinion and/or a more complete explanation is in order. Just a suggestion, my friend, we all care about each other! I will be having surgery on a funky artery in my head in 2 or 3 weeks so that will leave no part of me "un-cut": literally head down to my feet. Hey, they have nowhere else to go!!!

After a long day hiking at night I get cramps in my legs. After training for a Triathlon with a group of guys on. 50 mile bike ride my legs cramped so bad I couldn't move. A former Navy Seal that was with us threw me a pack of mustard from a fast food chain. Almost immediately the cramp stoped. I always carry a couple packs in my pack and close to my bag at night. More than once it's saved me

Jimmy

@Old rooster: I have had my pacemaker for 7 years now and no problems. 22 months ago, I had to have an ablation (was the worst of the 5 heart "procedures" I've had) to reduce the pre-ventricular contractions I was having. While I am certainly not a cardiologist, it seems quite extreme that your cardiologist would want to destroy all signal sending tissue. Maybe a second opinion and/or a more complete explanation is in order. Just a suggestion, my friend, we all care about each other! I will be having surgery on a funky artery in my head in 2 or 3 weeks so that will leave no part of me "un-cut": literally head down to my feet. Hey, they have nowhere else to go!!!
Let me know when it gets closer so I can checkup on you.
My cardiologist said the reason for Sic Sinus Node ablation(I think thats right) is because that is where all heartbeat signals come from and my ilregular heartbeats will still happen ,even with a defibraltor or pacemaker if they don't kill all other signal path.
Your right though as they say one thing one time and then another the next visit.They like to say "Lets try this".
If I walk to far I pass out.Don't even know I am passing out as I just wake up on the ground and lets try this is getting old.
You take care my friend as we don't have a backup heart.

Last edited: