Pack ideas for my wife

My wife uses a Kifaru 22 mag and has for a couple of years. She uses it hunting and shooting PRS competitions. We were shopping one day and she had the opportunity to try the Sitka Woman's Mountain 2700 and loved the fit and comfort and actually liked it so much that she wants one.

Ask a pack question in reference to a man and you will get 900 "all top tier packs are the same you just have to try them on and see what fits your body" posts. I am surprised you haven't gotten any of those and I would encourage that mentality. (I hate those responses by the way)

another big consideration would be if you get her a modular system try to get one that is compatible with the frame and bag you already have. A good fit for her is most important but being able to have 3 or 4 bags between you and just swap them out on your frames to fit the trip you are going on is a big deal.

My girlfriend is a big fan of her kuiu icon 1800 by the way.

Just adding my wife has a small frame and loves the Kuiu Venture 2300, Medium belt cinches down just tight enough. Shes never ran meat yet, but miles and miles it in with weight for training and has been very happy with the quality. I like it as much or more than my MR Scapegoat in the similar size. Neither compares to my Exo, but it all depends how it will be used.

I run a Stone Glacier x-curve frame with approach 1800 for day hunts and 5900 for longer trips. As a fellow woman I struggled to find a pack that fit right that wasn't to heavy and bulky. The SG weight alone is amazing for me. It has a built in load shelf and all of their bags are interchangeable on the frames. I don't think I could go to another brand after running my setup for the past couple of years. I ran MR before and they were too heavy and the frames just didn't fit right to be comfortable all day.

We recently moved to western Wy and I'm so excited because my wife has been totally embracing the outdoors with me. We are from back east where day hikes and day hunts are totally different. I'd like to hear some suggestions for a pack for my wife to not only day hike with but also to hunt and carry meat with. I personally run a kifaru duplex with an exo bag for hunting. I'm not sure she would benefit from a setup like this thou I could be wrong. I'm thinking about looking for a used kuiu frame and going from there but I dont alway think frame packs are warranted. I rarely used my kifaru unless I'm backpack camping or hunting because I feel it's just to overkill. What are you alls thoughts?? Thank you
We recently moved to western Wy and I'm so excited because my wife has been totally embracing the outdoors with me. We are from back east where day hikes and day hunts are totally different. I'd like to hear some suggestions for a pack for my wife to not only day hike with but also to hunt and carry meat with. I personally run a kifaru duplex with an exo bag for hunting. I'm not sure she would benefit from a setup like this thou I could be wrong. I'm thinking about looking for a used kuiu frame and going from there but I dont alway think frame packs are warranted. I rarely used my kifaru unless I'm backpack camping or hunting because I feel it's just to overkill. What are you alls thoughts?? Thank you
This MR might be her ticket? Day pack converts to load hauler with the Pop-Up feature. Will carry up to 80 lbs. I packed a bull elk out of a deep canyon last year with the men's version.

The Exo K3 1800 would be a nice meat carrying day pack also.

Something else to consider is how the back breathes. We used a badlands diablo for years that was the ticket in warmer or high exertion. Then I hit a few snowy years and had terrible back pain because I have taller torso and getting older... Finally invested in EXO. WOW. Cadillac comfort! Think too if the wife ain't happy no one will be. Call Mark about fitting her or other higher end companies then decide. Also see who has good return policy. She may want more pockets or less and that will drive your final decision too. Good luck!

I had one of the original Kuiu packs and loved the layout but the frame cracked and never went back to it. A few years back we decided to upgrade my wife's pack and ended up with a 22" Kifaru duplex frame they fitted to here when he happened to be through Denver on a trip. I do just enough sewing to be dangerous and we fabbed up a day pack around 2500 cubes that works well for her. She still tells me its her most comfortable pack and now she hauls elk meat with me! If never carrying heavy weights, pretty much any internal frame pack from the hiking backpacking brands will work great. sizing and fit are really key to comfort!

I just got my lady a MR Metcalf women's version. So far we have only been on one backpacking trip with it but she seems to love it and has not had any complaints. It fits her very well and has the organization she wanted but still packs down pretty small in day pack mode.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.