Pac-nor barrel

I bought a Pac Nor from as member here months ago. I don't know if its match or super match. I've never seen it.

I'll be better informed when the smith finishes the build.

I've never owned a Pac Nor and don't know what to expect. If there's a problem the smith will let me know.

Pac Nor is just a few hours north of here so if there's a prob. I can drive up and argue with them.:D

I would suppose, though, that the difference between the match and super match is nothing more that tighter quality assurance (measurement, etc) on the super match. A knub such as I would never know the difference.:rolleyes:

I have used over a hundred Pac-Nor barrels. In the past the difference was the super match was hand lapped. That was the only difference. You can buy the product and hand lap it yourself and save the money which is what I did. Just call Chris and ask him if that is still the difference. He is a top notch guy and will shoot straight with you. I have had a lot of dealing with him. His barrels and quality are as good as anyones.

I have one in 7wsm. When I ordered it, they said leadtime was running 10-12 weeks from receipt. I sent my action and they trued it up and chambered the barrel to it, and I received it back in 12 weeks.

Mine is a stainless supermatch. For $25 difference, getting the supermatch was a no-brainer. Cleaning is a breeze, I've never run a brush through it at all. I followed the PacNor break-in instructions using the witches brew provided with the barrel.

I've been very happy with it, as well as the service they provided. I'm sure you won't be disappointed if you go with Pac Nor...

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts