Pa. Range for Long Range Shooting

jessicavc

Does anyone know of a range in Pennsylvania, open to the public, for long range shooting? I belong to 2 Sportsmans clubs and the longest range is 300 yards. If there is a range that someone can go and pay a nominal fee to use the range that someone can practice longer shots please let me know.

There's a longer range in the altoona/Johnstown area. Can't remember the name but I believe they run some 1000 yard matches there. There's 600 here in Wampum but that's a good clip for ya.

The Original Pennsylvania 1000 Yd. BR Club located near Williamsport holds 10 light (17 lb) gun
(sat) and 10 heavy (sun) gun shoots
They also hold the World Open two day shoot.
Membership is $50.00 year.

There is the Reade Range near Tyrone, Pa. They did have 1000 yds shoots in the 17 lb class.

pa1000yd.com (for Williamsport web site)
jack1k

Thanks for all the information. I am looking for a place to practice. Some friends and I go to Colorado to hunt Cow Elk and I would like to be comfortable shooting out to 500 yards. If I would have to join a club to do this the cost and accessibility would have to be considered.

I live in Southern pa about 2hrs from you in Indiana, the ranges that I know of are
South Fork Rifle Club in Beaverdale
Williamsport, shot there many times
Reade Range, been there once, it's above Tyrone. They have F Class and 1000yd benchrest, and a sniper shoot

And of course, my back yard-out to 1900yds:D

The South Fork Club isn't really that far, the otherside of Johnstown. Tyrone is north of Altoona and would be about as far as your backyard loosesniper. I will check into South Fork. Thanks.

Sure thing, if you want to make the trip we could do some long distance shooting if you'd like.
Shoot me a pm if you're interested.
I'm about 40min south of Altoona

ridgeway is the ideal place. has about 40 covered firing points and excellant benches. distances run out to and including 1000yds. daily shooting by members is allowed except on match days. gate code is provided along with clubhouse for annual $35 membership. clay birds are permitted on berms for practice shooting. dirt rd. runs full legnth to eliminate the long walk. great place for a casual shooter. pay a visit and take guns, somebody is always there.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.