** PA - Looking for a 1000 yard to 1 mile range that offer tactical shots too?

Is this far from Bradford county? That's where I shoot, we have 500 yards range, but I think I outgrown it...

Josh, I live in Lebanon County and am very interested in this idea. Sending an E-mail with my particulars. I have met a few of the guys that have responded to your post. All are good guys. I may even have met you... were you at the Savage shoot at Mainville a few weeks ago?

i can shoot to 1000 now, but would be interested, once our lake is frozen, we can shoot to 1800. but would be interested in something that was designated as a range, would need to know costs as the main thing thanks.

Can't imagine it'll be too expensive. I know the 1000 yard range 200+ miles south of here has a one time initiation fee of $50 and annual membership fee of $100.00

The range I most often go to has an annual membership fee of $250 for multiple ranges out to 600 yards for pistol and rifle + skeet/trap etc., seems a little steep but, if I want to play, I got to pay.

Hey all,

I am currently talking with the land owner for location and negotiating on price.

Any membership fees will go towards:

Land lease
Insurance
Targets / lumber
Steel plates
Maintenance
Porta Johnny
Other facilities

If we can get 40-50 people interested in this (which we will surpass that from the current interest) the cost will be reasonable for everybody.

The cost of membership will probably be $200 - $250/year to cover all the costs associated with this. This range will be for a devoted group of shooters who love long range and tactical shooting. If $250 per year is too much for you, then I am sorry I don't know what to tell you.

I will keep you all posted with any developments.

Josh

Hi group, just signed up to group and was wondering what ever became of this idea, extremely interested, any info would be greatly appreciated

All the best
John

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.