PA Elk Hunting

Yes, i like your high priced elk viewing staton game commision claims they dont have money i can see why.
Mike[/QUOTE]

the game commission could be a topic unto itself mike.
god willing this will be my 65th year hunting that region. during that time nothing about the area has changed except a loss of local human population.
and a loss of hunter population mainly due to lack of deer.
all other changes have been government inflicked and regulated. including the
reduction of the deer herd in order to make room for the increasing elk herd.

Yes, i like your high priced elk viewing staton game commision claims they dont have money i can see why.
Mike

the game commission could be a topic unto itself mike.
god willing this will be my 65th year hunting that region. during that time nothing about the area has changed except a loss of local human population.
and a loss of hunter population mainly due to lack of deer.
all other changes have been government inflicked and regulated. including the
reduction of the deer herd in order to make room for the increasing elk herd.[/QUOTE]
Im a Pa. tansplant in to Md but own property there and mainly only place i hunt. Some of the high tech minds think hr was okey but when i go from seeing 100 deer first day to 1 or 2 and sometimes 0 thats hard to swallow. I can say i seen the best Pa. had to offer at one time. Oh yea, one of there reasons of hr the woods couldnt handle them, ever hear of mother nature taking care of things. I still say when there supposed to be too many good ole mother nature will send a bad storm , etc. But when you let man take over with ma nature guess who wins? Especially when when we have educated idiots running the show.

The drawing is Friday September 14th at 10am via the Internet. The first 19 names are for bulls and the remaining 46 are for cow tags. Fingers crossed.....vey skeptical, wishful thinking.

Hey I'm new here but just applied for any elk any area Nd just got drawn for a cow tag area 9. I was one of two people that didn't have any preference points. I'm looking for any help I can get. I'm from northeast pA. And by the way, I got the license at Walmart and the lovely old lady, no teeth crazy hair that waited on me, asked me, you want elk , I said yes, let me pick they area. She said no that's ok, I will do it ! Well she did !!

Any advise ideas, I'm open for anything. Take care.

Unit #9 is where my bull came from. I would be more than happy to also point you in the right direction. How far are you from the elk range? Do you have the time to scout??

A cow should not be a big deal.....

I'm from stroudsburg so 3 and 1/2 hr drive, yes I hope to get a day when I
Can come out and see what I'm getting into. I was hoping to find someone to point me in the right direction.

thought you guys might be interested . Jim

elkjump.jpg

That is crazy. Maybe, the pressurer of being a 9x7 and running a harem of cows he chose jumping off bridge to be less painful. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.