P Dogs Around Fort Collins

Trey1096

I have to go out to Fort Collins for a week mid September. I thought I'd snag a day or 2 and try to whack some dogs. I usually hunt in Montana, Wyoming, and South Dakota so I'm not sure how Colorado compares. I mainly shoot a 700 223 with 40gr Noslers and a 224 V with 75 ELD's.

I'm from Georgia so I try to make the most of any opportunity I get! Any info on good places? Public or private lands?

Any info would be appreciated.

I haven't been out there in ages, but the Pawnee National Grasslands used to be the go-to area in NE Colorado for pdogs ...
I used to shoot on my uncle's ranch near Wall, SD so up until a few years ago, always had private land access for shooting.

I've never hunted as far east as Wall, but I'd like to try it out! All of my SD hunting has been over around Belle Fourche and Buffalo.

I'll check out PNG. It looks pretty big! Thanks for the info.

I grew up in Custer, so all Southern Hills hunting for me thenfor me, except for our trips out to the ranch.

Last edited:
So, through the efficiency of the Fed Gov, mid Sep has turned out to be mid Nov. I'm going to do some reconnaissance for a future trip, but I was wondering if there's anything else I should do or places I should go while I'm out there.

For instance, anyone passing through Rapid City for the first time should check out First Stop Gun & Coin. Anything like that around Fort Collins?

Thanks,

Trey

stop at feed stores they may know of some ranchers that will let you shoot PDs also hit the diners early in the AM and talk to any ranchers you see then, or at lunch time we have scored many new places to shoot in new mexico by doing this worst case it might cost you a cup of coffee or the lunch special

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.