P-DOG Huntin

cabelas90

I went p-dog hunting for my second time today with my 204 ruger Here are some pics
P-dog 1 264 yrds
DSCF1011.jpg

p-dog 2 310 yrds
DSCF1012.jpg

p-dog 3 430 yrds
DSCF1013.jpg

p-dog 4 427 yrds
DSCF1015.jpg

I shot a lot more dogs than that but if i had walked out there and took a pic of all of them well that would have been a couple miles of walking and im to lazy for that:D i didn't know it could be so fun but so frusrating at the same time I had one p-dog tormenting me at 569 yrds and i could hit the mound but the little buger got lucky about 15 times, so far ive only broke the 400 yrd mark with any gun but it was fun getin there!!!

Getting there is what its all about. What fun would it be if we could just all buy the same gun and walk out there shooting p dogs at a grand. Good job!
yea its a blast i just wish i would have hit that one 560 yrds. I was impressed with my rifle as ive never shot it passed 250 and ive only shot one deer over 250 and that was luck:D

Which 204 rifle did you buy? Are you handloading?

I'm thinking about getting one to add to the prairie rat killer collection.

I have a ruger no 1 i shoot 40 g v-maxs over 25.6 gr h4895 i would sugest going with somthing other than the ruger no like a 700 vtr the ruger will shoot .460 at 100 yrds but ive head the remmy will do much better.
As you can see its a pretty devastating and accurate little round!

Can I come to your house? I want to pdog hunt so bad. Groundhog hunting is okay here in PA, but takes a lot more patience and scouting than I really want to do. Crows are fun to shoot at though.

Good shoot'en. Have fun trying to hit the longer ones.

Tank

Can I come to your house? I want to pdog hunt so bad. Groundhog hunting is okay here in PA, but takes a lot more patience and scouting than I really want to do. Crows are fun to shoot at though.

Good shoot'en. Have fun trying to hit the longer ones.

Tank
Thanks, you need to go on a trip to montana or something I think there is even some public p-dog here in ks.

I like KS. I lived in KS for 3 yrs in Ft. Riley. I spent a lot of time in Abilene, Junction City, Manhattan, Overland Park, Worlds of Fun, Topeka, Lawrence and Chapman. I have been to Olatha, and various towns, traveling around and visiting other churches. I was Baptized in the public pool in Enterprise during a tornado warning. Good times.

God Bless,
Tank

I like KS. I lived in KS for 3 yrs in Ft. Riley. I spent a lot of time in Abilene, Junction City, Manhattan, Overland Park, Worlds of Fun, Topeka, Lawrence and Chapman. I have been to Olatha, and various towns, traveling around and visiting other churches. I was Baptized in the public pool in Enterprise during a tornado warning. Good times.

God Bless,
Tank
I grew up in McPherson, when i graduated last year i moved down to Medicine Lodge to work for an oil company, There is lots p-dogs around dodge city but i don't know if there is any public hunting there.

I think I was in McPherson once. It was a church assembly in an old car dealership turned into a church. We were there for a Kent Henry confrence. Good stuff! I never made it to the Western side of the state to often. I went to Witchitaw a couple of times and Salina. Come to think of it, I really like KS. We'll have to keep in touch. If I ever get out that way, maybe we can hook up for a pdog outing.

Tank

I think I was in McPherson once. It was a church assembly in an old car dealership turned into a church. We were there for a Kent Henry confrence. Good stuff! I never made it to the Western side of the state to often. I went to Witchitaw a couple of times and Salina. Come to think of it, I really like KS. We'll have to keep in touch. If I ever get out that way, maybe we can hook up for a pdog outing.

Tank
That sounds like a great plan!

Ahh man your getting me too excited! I got my 204 for christmas and have only been able to drop a coyote and several crows. I can't wait until it starts warming up and I can get out there for some long range woodchuckin! Thats some awesome shooting btw. 400+ yards on a little pdog with a 204 is no easy task. So i have to ask ya...how awesome is the 204!? :D

Ahh man your getting me too excited! I got my 204 for christmas and have only been able to drop a coyote and several crows. I can't wait until it starts warming up and I can get out there for some long range woodchuckin! Thats some awesome shooting btw. 400+ yards on a little pdog with a 204 is no easy task. So i have to ask ya...how awesome is the 204!? :D
Its AMAZING i just got rid of my ruger no 1 and got rem 700 sps varminter 204 ad i cant wait to soot some p-dogs with it! hows it do on yotes?

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.