p.d.s in the cold !

gdc

I colud have sworn, growin up that the prairie dogs hibernated in the cold of winter. but the other day it was 11 degrees, sun out 11 a.m. snow the day before, and they were out soakin up the sun. Boy did it turn the snow red when ya hit em with the .204. They stayed up and continued to look for a few spregs to eat. So much for hibernating. The dogs in denver.co. and the eastern plains are doin well. Coyotes, and the hawks sure love it when ya help em find a fresh pile. jc

One of my most favorite times to hit a dog town is day after a good snow and sun comes out.:Dgun)

Makes me long for Wyoming.... Nothing like a .204 and red mist on the snow. Almost brings a tear to the eye.

We did have one confused sage rat out last month. Won't be long now.

Tim
No Off Season
Predator and Varmint Hunting Gear
"No crowds, no limits, no seasons...no bad days."

Five of us went out in Southwestern nebraska last weekend, had plenty of shots, few hits. Most were first time p-dogs hunters, and I have been having problems with the nut behind the gun. my roomate had a 400 yards hit with his new dpms .223.

I had about a 100 yard hit with a 165 grain sst out of the .308, only found blood and fur.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.