Ozonics

JimFromTN

Does anyone use ozonics when they are hunting hogs? I hunt primarily from blinds over bait and have been winded before. Just wondering if it might be a worthwhile investment.

I made an ozone generator rather than buy one. I hunt from a tower over bait at night. Other than hearing a sounder I had no way of knowing where a lone boar came from. Pigs are not born with a fear of human odor. It is learned. I have had sounders cross down wind of me and not be bothered! Just my thought but if I can smell ozone why can't they? How long does it take before they link ozone with danger? Ozoning your hunting clothes in cooler weather, maybe! I realized no help before the transformer burned up that I could tell!

I use it on my clothes and have one blind where deer clearly would wind me. After I finally figured out how to set it up it indeed did work. Seems to work more often than not.

Huge skeptic here. I used one on a few occasions. Had whitetail know something was up, but they just couldn't tell where or how far. 15yds a doe hit my scent line covered with the Ozonics. I was preparing for blast off, but she just looked far with head high. Away from me. I couldn't believe it. Bucks did the same thing two more times. The ozonics seems to dilute smell enough that it makes them think we are far away.

Recent Posts