Overall, which is the best performer??

I don't know if he can bond the J4's specifically, I was just speaking in general. When his supply of Hairfield jackets gets caught up, I'd expect you'll be able to get most weights in a FB bonded version.

[ QUOTE ]
Stephen,

How far was the plate placed, that you were shooting the Bergers at ?

[/ QUOTE ]

200 yards

At 200m, I had 140 gr Barnes X and 150 gr NABs blow holes through the plate.

Its a little more than 1/4" thick. It is what is left of a target that used to be used for sighters for some DCM matches at the range I was told. It no longer hangs up anywhere, but is rather proped up between two targets.

The Barnes took out about a 2 sq in chunk, and the NAB hit a little higher and took out another piece due to the cracks the Barnes made. The metal appears brittle, but the SMKs won't do anything more than nickel size craters.

A 708 with 120 gr Hornadys leave only lead splatter. I'll try to get some pictures next time I go out there.

My 300 win mag shooting 168gr HPBT Hornady bullets just about made it through a hanging 1" thick gong at 280 yards. It pushed a about a inch circle of metal about half way out the back.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.