Over the counter tags

Lil bob

I'm a newbie here, so sorry if this question has been asked .
Are there any states that have antelope tags sold across the counter to nonresidents hunter. Doe tag is fine

Not really. Wyoming would be your best bet for a leftover tag, but you still have to buy them on line the day they become available after the lottery. Also, where the tags are available are usually mostly private land, so getting permission ahead of time is imperative.

Ok thanks. Last tI me I when was back in late 80's in Montana ,you could buy doe tags over the counter back then
You might still be able to buy OTC doe tags, but the population has been down a bit, so not sure if there are as many available as at one time. I'd just call the Wyoming G&F. They are very helpful.

Not really. Wyoming would be your best bet for a leftover tag, but you still have to buy them on line the day they become available after the lottery. Also, where the tags are available are usually mostly private land, so getting permission ahead of time is imperative.
Wyoming has two lotteries now. The first one ends in late May, and the second one for leftover tags is in July. You can't buy any "over the counter" until after the two lotteries. They started doing it last year due to the computer overload on the day they released them all for sale.

As you can imagine, you really don't want to wait until after both lotteries to get a tag.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.