Outlaw State Bullets

Nimrodmar10

Has anyone used the Outlaw State Bullets in a subsonic 308 Win. load? I picked up a Rem. 700 AAC-SD yesterday. It's the SPS Tactical with a 20" barrel threaded for a suppressor. I've got a Yankee Hill Phantom that will work really well on it. I saw the bullets at the shop where I bought the rifle but don't know anything about them. If anyone has load data for a SS load for the 225 gr. version for a 308 Win. I'd appreciate it.

.308 SUBSONIC - Outlaw State Bullets LLC

Well, I didn't have any of the Outlaw State bullets but I had some Nosler 150 gr. Ballistic Tip and some Berger 190 gr. VLDs. I loaded the Ballistic Tips with 48.5 grains of Varget and the VLDs with 47.4 grains of H380. Then I loaded 5 VLDs with 11, 10.5, 10, 9.5 and 9 grains of SR-4756. I got the starting load by looking at an old Lyman Cast Bullet Reloading Manual. It showed a 185 gr. cast bullet loaded with 13.? gr of SR-4756 for a velocity of around 1300 fps. The highest load had a good crack to it but each load below that got quieter as the charge dropped. The first three printed 4-12 inches low at 100 yards. The fourth bullet key holed and the fifth missed the paper target but hit the back board somewhere. I didn't take the Chronograph today but I wil next trip.

The Ballistic Tips printed into about 1 3/4 inch groups and the VLDs shot a half inch group. I don't think I'll load many of the 190 gr. VLDs because of the low velocity but I do intend to try some 155 gr. VLDs.

I also had a box of Federal 168 gr. HPBT Gold Medal Match bullets. I sighted in the rifle with the silencer installed. Now all I need is a coyote.

Bought a box of the Berger 155 VLDs and a box of the 229 gr. Outlaw State Sub Sonic bullets. I've got some test rounds loaded. Just waiting for some decent weather to shoot them. Trying Varget for the VLDS and Trail Boss for the Outlaws. This is a great looking SS bullet. I'm going to try them on coyotes first then maybe some deer. They'd make a great hog bullet too. I'll let you know how they shoot. The suppressed 190 gr. VLDs were quieter than my pellet gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.