Outfitter recommendations

Another thumbs up for Trails West Outfitter and owner Josh M. Drew a unit 61 tag with 9 pointsand hunted with TWO in 2018. Great crew, great camp, great elk, great country.

Attachments

• 3D80CA1B-BEC9-4DE6-858B-CBFE68C40BAF.jpeg
    3D80CA1B-BEC9-4DE6-858B-CBFE68C40BAF.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 116
Another thumbs up for Trails West Outfitter and owner Josh M. Drew a unit 61 tag with 9 pointsand hunted with TWO in 2018. Great crew, great camp, great elk, great country.

Great bull, was he raking that tree when you let the air outta him?

I'm planning a hunt for 2021 season. Where to begin??? I have been looking on the Book Your Hunt website (Jim Shockey "approved" I guess) but I know there are many out there. I don't have any preference points for any state other than CA so I would like to find an outfitter that either has private tags or hunts in an area that have over the counter tags for elk and deer. Would be interested in hunting ID, WY, CO, MT, or UT. I figure I will be paying anywhere between $5k - $10k for a once in a lifetime type hunt like this. I'm 42 years old and in pretty good shape/condition now and plan on doing more this off season to prepare for the hunt.

I am not stuck to any particular state my issue is the tag availability and success rate. I know the later is NEVER a guarantee but I do know that units with over the counter tags typically provide lower success rates (on average) and I'm ok with that. It's part of hunting.

I might be going by myself (or maybe 1 other buddy) and I don't mind being part of a group hunt with other random hunters. Half the fun of the adventure is meeting new people and I am a pretty outgoing person.

So let the recommendations fly.

New Mexico, Nevada and Utah have Landowner tags that can be purchased from several sources. Epic Outdoors has Land owner tags every year. I would call Bob Daughtery with Big Rim Outfitters . They are a small family owned business. 575-743-0448.

Good Luck,
Travis

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.