Outfitter for bear over bait recommendations

Rilow

Son and I thinking about bear over bait hunt. Any you guys have recommendations on anyone ? Also would like to keep it in the states. Thanks

curious here but why over bait as opposed to spot and stalk?
Haven't thought much about spot n stalk,guess not really opposed to it. Although not looking for an endurance test either. We are from the east used to sit n wait😃

New jersey
Have you considered the Canadian side? With the current exchange rate to the US advantage, it might be worth exploring. My buddies and I make an annual wilderness fishing trip in Saskatchewan, except for this year, of course. My taxidermist goes to SK and AB for bear and WT with very good success.

Have you considered the Canadian side? With the current exchange rate to the US advantage, it might be worth exploring. My buddies and I make an annual wilderness fishing trip in Saskatchewan, except for this year, of course. My taxidermist goes to SK and AB for bear and WT with very good success.
Wanted something in the states for this year coming up been to Canada couple yes ago n with this vivid don't want to wonder if border is going to be open. Already had caribou n moose hunt cancelled this year till 2022 due to vivid n border being shut down

Wanted something in the states for this year coming up been to Canada couple yes ago n with this vivid don't want to wonder if border is going to be open. Already had caribou n moose hunt cancelled this year till 2022 due to vivid n border being shut down
Copy that! Bummer on the cancellation.

Maine is one of your best bets for where you are at, lot of outfitters that specialize in bears over bait. Also a lot of bears and some pretty good size. Look online and book early in year, bugs are the worst thing to deal with and most hunting from treestand's. High success rate and you will see bear If you can't find any I should be able to get you a couple names. Dad lived up north of here and thats where you want to hunt, Patten and Sherman are two good areas.

Spot and stalk doesn't work well up here, too much and too thick woods. I hunted up here for 56 years and I've seen about 6 bear in that time spotting and stalking in the woods. They allow baiting and hounds as well as allowing deer hunters to shoot during the 4 week deer season. You and your son would enjoy a bear hunt over bait because you will see bears.

Last edited:
Maine is one of your best bets for where you are at, lot of outfitters that specialize in bears over bait. Also a lot of bears and some pretty good size. Look online and book early in year, bugs are the worst thing to deal with and most hunting from treestand's. High success rate and you will see bear.
Any outfitter recommendations

Wilderness escape
Allagash Guide Service
Blackwater Outfitters
Northern Hideaway Outfitters
Foggy Mountain Guide Service
Rising Sun Outfitters

Foggy Mountain would be my pick, based in Charleston Maine they know what they are doing. Go to their website and check them out.

Wilderness escape
Allagash Guide Service
Blackwater Outfitters
Northern Hideaway Outfitters
Foggy Mountain Guide Service
Rising Sun Outfitters

Foggy Mountain would be my pick, based in Charleston Maine they know what they are doing. Go to their website and check them out.
Thanks I'll check them out

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.