Outfitter Elk hunt - Clothing question

How long is the ride to camp? If more than 1 hour I would highly recommend wearing a pair of longjohns under a pair of sweat pants for the ride if you aren't a seasoned rider. Way less chance of chaffing or blistering. And you have your evening attire already on!
Okay, I am going to say this just once. I have a girlfriend (platonic) that teaches horseback riding. She recommends wearing pantyhose under your jeans, or whatever your clothing is between the pantyhose and the next layer of clothing is, I.E. longjohns. You can cut them off just above the knees because the only place they are needed is between the back of your butt and the saddle. I have yet to try it, but if I were going on a long horseback ride I would live with the laughter and try the pantyhose method to keep from chafing and blistering.

Okay, I am going to say this just once. I have a girlfriend (platonic) that teaches horseback riding. She recommends wearing pantyhose under your jeans, or whatever your clothing is between the pantyhose and the next layer of clothing is, I.E. longjohns. You can cut them off just above the knees because the only place they are needed is between the back of your butt and the saddle. I have yet to try it, but if I were going on a long horseback ride I would live with the laughter and try the pantyhose method to keep from chafing and blistering.
If you have a girlfriend (platonic) then you must be (Catatonic)...or what's the point?

I am booked for and am putting together my gear for a 6 day elk hunt with an outfitter in Wyoming next year. It is to be a remote base camp that we ride (horseback) into, and then hunt out of for 6 days. I am told it is standard procedure for the outfitter to put a max weight for each hunter's gear hauled to camp. I dont yet know what that is for my outfitter, but am working on that assumption. With that in mind, I am working out my gear needs. I have my jacket, layers/insulation, rain gear nailed down as a must have for that country at that time of year.

My primary question is how many changes of base layers, pants, shirts and such should I take as a minimum for a 6 day hunt? Intuitively, I am thinking at least 2, of not 3 changes. Thinking I should be able to wash some up in a stream and let dry by day weather permitting. I assume I will want a change or two of camp clothes. Should a single pair of boots be sufficient?

Also will need to buy a sleeping bag. What kind of rating is best for a mid to late October hunt in Wyoming?

This is a bucket list hunt for me and I want to get this stuff right. This is my first outfitter hunt and serious elk hunt.

Thanks,
You will need less clothes than you think. During a week long hunt you can do just fine with 2 sets of base layers. You can wear the same outer layers every day, assuming you don't get wet or rip them. You can figure 1 pair of merino socks / 2 days, just rotate them out. Fresh underwear every day, or every other day. If you have two sets of boots, that would be good to have. Wet boots can put a damper on things. Dude wipes for cleaning up every evening are good to have. Baby wipes / wet wipes for 'specific regions' may be the most important item to have. 'Monkey Butt' can really decrease the enjoyment of your hunt. I have been in WY in Oct and seen the highs not get over 25 degrees for a week, with lows in the low single digits. I have also seen highs in the 60s and lows in the 40s, so the weather can vary a lot in October in WY.

If you have a girlfriend (platonic) then you must be (Catatonic)...or what's the point?
I helped raise her from a baby. She is more like a daughter than a girlfriend. I guess that is the point. Her daddy owns the ranch on the river with the hogs. I didn't want to sound like the dirty old man that I am.