Outdoors and The Corona Virus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never met someone that thinks there should be zero regulations on industry. That is the same kind of propaganda the left puts out like you can mail order a handgun and it will show up at your door.

I have. So sorry, right or left propaganda doesn't work on independents.

I have. So sorry, right or left propaganda doesn't work on independents.
I guess there are some people that think there should be no Gov. Anarchists. No laws, survival of the fittest. I have heard they exist, but I have not met one of them either. I guess they are just as legit as folks that believe there should be no regulations on industry. I think I am getting the hang of being an independent? No propaganda works on me, I just consider it all legit.

The idea that there is some large portion of the population that thinks there should be no regulations on industry is propaganda that you have pushed. I am sorry this happened to you.

nobody believes that Chicom coverup story anymore, not least of all Trump and the intelligence community. They were running experiments on coronaviruses at 2 level 4 testing facilities that were located at ground zero for the outbreak. The wet market excuse was pathetic to begin with. China developed it in a lab and it either accidentally escaped (because China is criminally incompetent and disinterested in any effective safety protocols), or they deliberately planned it as part of the economic war that they officially declared against the US last year.

Interesting that you mention an economic war. That subject was discussed quite a bit in the 1999 book Unrestricted Warfare: China's Master Plan to Destroy America written by two CHICOM PLA Colonels that as I understand it, now each have their fourth star. It has been a long time since I read it but if memory serves correct biowarfare was mentioned in the context of Unrestricted Warfare.

I heard the corona virus HIV gene splice rumor. I have also heard several sources say it is not true. I believe it is probably not true. It is still China's fault for covering it up as they allowed it to travel outside their borders.

As for evolution, antibiotic resistant bacteria evolve all the time in a single infected person over a number of months, weeks or days, it's a fast process. Viruses are very similar, they are a moving target.

What we need to restart the economy is large scale antibody testing so we can determine who has had it and who has developed some immunity. At that point, people who have had it but are not shedding virus can resume a fairly normal life. For people who have not been infected, I think it is a choice that people need to make depending on their risk factors. Maybe they resume life with masks and face shields? For people with big risk factors, isolation should be continued until a highly successful treatment or vaccine is developed.

If we can trust people to make good decisions, the restart should be fine but I look at lots of businesses and see how many people go in to work when they have a cold and it bothers me.

Some people do it because of deadlines, some do it because they don't want to waste vacation days on being sick and some people think they have to do it to keep their job. This does not make me optimistic about the next cold/flu season.

This also makes me worry that NY will have to have an extended lock down due to their population density and social proximity but they are going to have a lot of push back if Vermont opens up with no problems while New Yorkers are told to remain shut down.

There is no one size fits all and I think that might cause problems among the young and stupid.

I heard the corona virus HIV gene splice rumor. I have also heard several sources say it is not true. I believe it is probably not true. It is still China's fault for covering it up as they allowed it to travel outside their borders.
Without a doubt it is Chinas fault for covering it up. China also played on the fears of the Europeans, causing more people to contract it through unsafe distancing. In Italy there was even a commercial put out by the PRC shaming "racist" Europeans for keeping distance to chinese, and encouraging them to "go hug a chinese". Considering how the virus got to Italy, that commercial is responsible for many deaths.

As far as "conspiracies" that some people are talking about here, the problem is that the media and the WHO carry water for communist china. Most people who have never read a serious book on their own or studied historiography where it comes to communists systems are inclined to believe any disinformation the Chinese put out, if it is repeated by CNN. It's sad, really.

But it is very telling though, that as part of the warnings we are giving the PRC, Pompeo has demanded access to the Wuhan Level 4 laboratory. He has not demanded access to the so-called wet market. So as far as "conspiracy theories" right now, nobody outside of government intelligence agencies have a full picture of what is BS and what is more likely.

What we do know, scientifically speaking, is that a number of differently-funded studies have shown that far more people have had the virus than we thought, and that it is far less lethal than previously feared. And that 80% of people who contract it experience mild symptoms. That is fact, not opinion.

Yes but the "conspiracy theory" is that China was developing a bio-weapon by gene splicing Corona Virus with HIV. I even heard that there was proof because the gene sequences were creating weird proteins not previously seen in nature, then I don't hear any scientists independently confirming that.

That seems weird but there is a small chance that scientists have been too busy to look at what it is instead of how to treat it. More than likely, i think the conspiracy is not true or maybe got cooked up by a poor scientist who doesn't know what he's looking at.

I haven't seen any scientist specifically address the conspiracy besides a quick dismissal and i don't have the knowledge or gene sequencing machines to figure it out for myself. I can't be sure but it only takes a few scientists to blow the whistle if the gene splicing happened. The longer it goes without confirmation, the less likely the conspiracy seems.

What I really want is a trustworthy and independent scientist to get in to the protein issue, what do they find, what does it suggest, ask what similarity there is to HIV in terms of transmission mechanism and genetic sequence and finally, if there is a similarity, is there any evidence of gene splicing or a straightforward way that Bat Corona Virus could have been modified in a lab to create Covid 19?

Oh, two more things, I have heard that the bats that carry Corona Virus do not live within 900 km of Wuhan so that is another bit of data suggesting that at least the Chinese brought Corona Virus to Wuhan. Also, Chinese nationals studying medicine in Canada were caught trying to smuggle Corona Virus samples from Canada to China in 2017 I think. Who knows if they were successful before or after that attempt?

That is a whole lot of smoke, it's hard to believe there is no fire, especially with China trying to cover it up.

yet another scientific test that fully supports the scientific tests I had posted earlier:

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is now "actively looking into" results from universal COVID-19 testing at Pine Street Inn homeless shelter. The broad-scale testing took place at the shelter in Boston's South End a week and a half ago because of a small cluster of cases there. Of the 397 people tested, 146 people tested positive. Not a single one had any symptoms.

So, far more people have already had it than we have been led to believe by the reactionaries who are trying to excuse away the Stalinesque police state. Far more have had it, and shown no symptoms. Let alone died from it. Any scientifically minded person knows what this means: the virus is FAR LESS DANGEROUS than we have been told. The excuses for taking away our liberty have worn thin.

I don't doubt a thing you say. But the sad thing is that Trump can't dare say anything that supports that claim. People will still die and that is all the media want to see. If there is anyway that they can blame more deaths on Trump the more they win. And winning is all they care about. Americans and the country don't matter.

Hey Brothers....I really don't want to go politics & such but I can't help myself on this thread so quote:
The report from the Guttmacher Institute, a research group that supports abortion rights, counted 862,000 abortions in the U.S. in 2017. That's down from 926,000 tallied in the group's previous report for 2014, and from just more than 1 million counted for 2011.....
We're not gonna see this on the news tomorrow, but I am still praying for God to Bless America because Covid19 isn't so bad right?

Homeless people are pretty hardy. I see them as more of a disease vector than useful for data.

All I can tell you is if NYC gets reopened, transmission is going to gear up in a big way which will lead to another shutdown. As long as testing lags behind the number of people wanting to go back to work, any area with high population density will be susceptible to ramping up transmission and if our guard is down, the vulnerable will get hit hard again.

If you aren't in a high population density area and can maintain social distancing until testing catches up, your area can probably start to open up quicker.

I have two parents and a very old grandmother who are at very high risk, in relatively urban areas, not quite suburbs but single family homes in large cities. If the local governments decide tomorrow that shelter in place is over, the only thing keeping them from catching Covid 19 is that they will try to maintain a quarantine but eventually their paths will cross with an asymptomatic carrier and they will likely get very ill or die.

Our country is ramping up its testing capability, all we have to do is wait another week or two at most before we can start with good testing that will allow everyone to get back to work in a safe way. Those homeless are still a big problem, especially around here there are way too many and I would rather put down 20 than see one of my parents or my grandmother die. We have to figure out a way to get them out of urban areas where they can spread this plague. It's not fair to make them a rural problem either, not that they would stay in rural areas if we moved them there. I would love to ship them to China.

Hey Brothers....I really don't want to go politics & such but I can't help myself on this thread so quote:
The report from the Guttmacher Institute, a research group that supports abortion rights, counted 862,000 abortions in the U.S. in 2017. That's down from 926,000 tallied in the group's previous report for 2014, and from just more than 1 million counted for 2011.....
We're not gonna see this on the news tomorrow, but I am still praying for God to Bless America because Covid19 isn't so bad right?
I hope you realize that outside of some very rare medical issues, no babies are aborted if their mother doesn't want it to happen.

I don't want my parents or grandmother to dies and because of that I haven't been able to visit them for over 2 months. That wasn't my choice and I've done nothing wrong, I just have a normal social life. Comparing Covid 19 to abortion shows that you want to virtue signal on one issue but don't give a **** about people who are at risk and have no choice in the matter.

I hope you realize that outside of some very rare medical issues, no babies are aborted if their mother doesn't want it to happen.

I don't want my parents or grandmother to dies and because of that I haven't been able to visit them for over 2 months. That wasn't my choice and I've done nothing wrong, I just have a normal social life. Comparing Covid 19 to abortion shows that you want to virtue signal on one issue but don't give a **** about people who are at risk and have no choice in the matter.
I did not intend to imply what you mentioned brother....

John 3:16

Status
Not open for further replies.