Outdoors and The Corona Virus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This from the wonderful Christian satire site, The Babylon Bee:

BEIJING—In a candid speech Tuesday, President Xi Jinping stated he was "pretty impressed" by Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer's handling of the coronavirus outbreak, specifically praising her totalitarian policies.

China's dictator said he was actually a little jealous he hadn't thought of some of her ideas himself.

"She has some pretty great ideas -- stopping people from gathering together even with their families, ordering people not to buy seeds -- they can't even plant their own food now! We hadn't even thought of some of these innovative approaches," the Communist president said. "We're always looking for more ways to oppress people, and we were really inspired by Whitmer's approach."

"Not bad, Gretchen."

Other dictators across the world also chimed in with words of support and affirmation for Whitmer's policies, from North Korean ruler Kim Jong Un to Supreme Leader of Iran Ali Khamenei.

The Chinese government quickly offered Governor Whitmer a consulting position with the Communist Party of China, which she readily accepted.

Governor Whitmer is now being sued by MUCC regarding the boat launch and powered boat FAQ she has posted which BTW is not specifically called out in her EO which is a long reach by government. Attached is letter to the Governor from MUCC.
MUCC Link: MUCC to Sue Gov. Whitmer

Risked based analysis is completely absent from this leadership in regards to protecting MI citizens.
  • You cannot use a boat launch for power boats but can with row boats, canoes, kayaks.
  • You can buy groceries at a store where all employees are not required to wear PPE nor are customers. This is by far the greatest vector risk of any disease but yet has not been addressed by MI leadership.
  • You cannot purchase home related items to perform even the most rudimentary projects while sitting on thumbs in isolation since these items have been deemed non-essential by MI leadership.
There is a recall petition available on line if anyone is interested. Just google it and it comes up 1st.
flyguy1: thank goodness I wasn't drinking coffee when I read your post! I would have to "sanitize" my pc!

Attachments

• MUCC-EO-Letter-to-Governor-Whitmer-4-16-2020.pdf
    403.6 KB · Views: 105
Some of you who are venting your displeasure over "stay at home" orders and referencing Covid-19 virus similar to catching the flu or being a hoax by the government are grossly misinformed. As new information is being discovered about the origin of this virus, although not released by the press, there is evidence that has emerged from China that this virus was man made by a biological warfare laboratory in Wuhan, China, combining the Sars virus with scepters from the HIV virus to allow entry into humans pulmonary systems. I have extensive knowledge in the medical field and if anyone wants to point fingers, point them at the World Health Organization for covering up the origin and complexity of this virus. The death process one goes through is excruciatingly painful. I have lost friends to this virus and you need to quit blowing smoke to get reactions that will create unnecessary problems in containment of this virus until a viable vaccine becomes available.

I still believe this is China's one huge step to wipe out the US...
Chemical biological warfare....."oh it was an accident"...sure was...they didn't mean for it to get out and kill people of other countries than the US......but they screwed the pooch and got caught...then started blaming the US for the entire mess....
Strategically trying to wipe out the US.......
World War 3......
Right now Trump should rip up ever IOU Obama wrote to China....so should the rest of the worlds countries.....

And the largest test have shown.....sunlight and warm weather kill the virus.....fresh air would be good too....

Last edited:
I believe the virus virility and also the massive cover up by WHO and even our own government party officials. We have been practicing strict social distancing BEFORE it was mandated because I knew the same information you are referencing. My wife and I have certain health issues that I know can be an added burden so we took the strictest path to take. We haven't even seen our grandchildren in 5 weeks which is hard to do when they are so little. I knew it was going to be really bad IF we did not minimize contact and well aware of the various vectors it could take.

The mere fact our Governor allows essential boating only if a rowboat, canoe or kayak is absurd. Being in a powered fishing boat by myself is the ultimate social distancing and I am not interacting with anyone. Yes, you can launch a boat in this manner. The displeasure is over the complete ineptitude of the Governor of MI and inane inconsistency of how she personally views "essential" activities. We can practice social distancing doing a variety of activities but to single some out as being not essential and others are without any scientific evidence to support the decision is what we Michiganders have a hard time swallowing. Furthermore, the prohibition on the powered boats IS NOT EVEN in the EO at all. She just added it into the FAQ without foundation of fact or law. My comments above are factual and reasonable. The risk launching a boat is considerably less than going grocery shopping that has significant exposure risk and no different than "essential" activities like walking paths in a park. The fact she does not want us to paint our homes while we are practicing social distancing or planting a garden is beyond ludicrous. If I am in a store that sells groceries and cannot buy paint is beyond sensible. The longer we stay at home, the more we need some mental health outlets to insure we maintain our plan to minimize contact. If the mental health outlet does not result in interaction, then it is no different than staying home locked up. We need to be well aware of needing outlets during these difficult isolation times that make sense, do not increase exposures and allow people to reduce stress. Cabin fever is mild in comparison to what a lot of folks are feeling right now.

I extend our sympathy to you for your loss and we have been lucky that several of our friends that have had bad case of it (validated positive) and have recovered. They took a beating but they are still with us which is very thankful.

Some of you who are venting your displeasure over "stay at home" orders and referencing Covid-19 virus similar to catching the flu or being a hoax by the government are grossly misinformed. As new information is being discovered about the origin of this virus, although not released by the press, there is evidence that has emerged from China that this virus was man made by a biological warfare laboratory in Wuhan, China, combining the Sars virus with scepters from the HIV virus to allow entry into humans pulmonary systems. I have extensive knowledge in the medical field and if anyone wants to point fingers, point them at the World Health Organization for covering up the origin and complexity of this virus. The death process one goes through is excruciatingly painful. I have lost friends to this virus and you need to quit blowing smoke to get reactions that will create unnecessary problems in containment of this virus until a viable vaccine becomes available.
There is not a shred of evidence this this was man made; the protein sequence suggest that it made the typical evolution as it jumped hosts from animal to man. And, no one is talking about stay at home orders per se; this is just about dictatorial orders against the second amendment, buying seeds, visiting your own cabin in a remote region that have nothing to do with the virus at all. The infectivity of the virus is very high, likely much higher than we think, while the death rate is likely much lower. We'll know in due time.

I am sorry for your loss, but let's not confuse public safety with abdication of completely unrelated freedoms which make no sense. Kind of like attending church in cars with the windows rolled up is not OK but buying liquor with the windows rolled down is OK.

Actually the evidence of mans influence comes from "the host or what we are being told was the host"...
A bat inside their testing compound that supposedly bit one of the workers in the lab.....Zero.....

Seen on NBC a guy in Communist California was arrested for paddle boarding off a closed beach. The used a boat to pick him up.

So he went from total isolation to being with people on a boat!

I seen last night during my Presidents news briefing, the media kept asking about testing before opening up the country. He never did address the question but I know what he should have said.

In areas where there is little to no cases, there isn't a urgency to need testing to have many business's open...which is a lot of Texas.

I worked for a school district before I retired, so I understand the need for testing...school being high on the list!

But if you test negative today (Friday), you can get the virus tomorrow and take it to work on Monday. So I'm not sure just exactly why so much emphasis is being put on testing.
Because it is logistically impossible to test everyone. That way we can keep things shut down longer (til the election) and blame Trump for the next great depression.

Next they will come out and say that we were able to shut down and stop a virus that was not nearly as dangerous as global warming. If we do not shut down and implement the green new deal all of mankind is likely to perish.

I will stop now.

I am not sure we will ever see a vaccine. Still don't have one for HIV, or for most viruses. Been working on one for the common cold for how long?

Cure doesnt allow the pharmaceutical companies to control cost....making a control pill makes them billions of dollars...
Look at the herpes virus....1&2 they say is incurable...
But chickenpox is also in the same family....

just like every flu outbreak. And if I had my choice of catching the flu or recreating the soviet union, I'd chose the few days of being sick. I know which choice the leftists make.

Wake up, people. This is not, I repeat, NOT, just like every flu outbreak." This virus knows no politics or politicians.

Fortunately, we will soon have more data. sadly, this will come from Florida, where they have Guinnea-pigged their population and opened up the beaches.

Last edited:
IMO...it was done by China with intent. It's too convenient it just naturally, over night evolved to jump to humans! I believe in evolution, it's been documented birds have been carried to islands and they changed slightly over long periods of time!

Key words....long periods of time!

We shall see if Texas has a huge "spike" in cases of the China Virus. After our governor announced we are going to start "Phase 1", traffic on the streets has jump 1,000 fold! I'm doing some remodeling at my M-I-L house and we have been seeing about 25% of the normal afternoon traffic. Well this afternoon it was closer near normal traffic on the streets!

I have a buddy that is into conspiracies, he keeps me up to speed on the latest "scoop". I tell you there are too many coincidences for there not being something to a lot of it!

The radical left gaining support of the American people is crazy to me, but gentlemen it's real! If you can't see what they are trying to do in Michigan...you need to pull your head out of the sand!

These are tests to see just how programmable we a have become!

My life revolves around the outdoors so I have not been affected much by this event. I'm still hunting and fishing when I want too.

Status
Not open for further replies.