Outdoors and The Corona Virus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptnC

I was just on another hunting and fishing site, reading some hunting stories that are almost all in Texas.

I kept seeing guys mentioning that they can't go because of the travel restrictions!

I'm like WTH are you talking about! I thought of all places, Texans would be smarter than that! I for one have been hunting and fishing more (recently retired so I'd be going either way).

I not hunting or fishing in downtown Dallas, Austin, Houston nor San Antonio! Social distancing is what we are supposed to be doing...so I'm getting out of the big cities where the bulk of the infected are. Then practice smart hygiene just incase I might have picked something up I don't want spread around.

I also go to the John Hopkins map and see what the county I hunt in to see what the number of cases they have.

Comanche county Texas has 3 cases and they have been listed for a long time. So the odds are they are already over it and the area is clear! Same goes for my favorite lake...

My wife and I are the only one in the boat or at the lease (we are always the only ones at our lease) so there is no one around...total social distancing!

I also tend to push back when I'm told my freedoms are being infringed on too!

Just seen our shooting range has opened back up too. I had been spending a lot of time there before turkey season opened...had the range to myself most of the time. Plus I dont go there to hang out and do group hugs!

I know...I should be posting this on the site where they are wining but they would start crying...wanting me kicked off the site!

Ugh! It's just frustrating when people can't think for them selves and use their head at the same time!

Show me your TRAVEL PAPERS!

No Ticket | Find, Make & Share Gfycat GIFs

Seen on NBC a guy in Communist California was arrested for paddle boarding off a closed beach. The used a boat to pick him up.

So he went from total isolation to being with people on a boat!

I seen last night during my Presidents news briefing, the media kept asking about testing before opening up the country. He never did address the question but I know what he should have said.

In areas where there is little to no cases, there isn't a urgency to need testing to have many business's open...which is a lot of Texas.

I worked for a school district before I retired, so I understand the need for testing...school being high on the list!

But if you test negative today (Friday), you can get the virus tomorrow and take it to work on Monday. So I'm not sure just exactly why so much emphasis is being put on testing.

Seen on NBC a guy in Communist California was arrested for paddle boarding off a closed beach. The used a boat to pick him up.

So he went from total isolation to being with people on a boat!

I seen last night during my Presidents news briefing, the media kept asking about testing before opening up the country. He never did address the question but I know what he should have said.

In areas where there is little to no cases, there isn't a urgency to need testing to have many business's open...which is a lot of Texas.

I worked for a school district before I retired, so I understand the need for testing...school being high on the list!

But if you test negative today (Friday), you can get the virus tomorrow and take it to work on Monday. So I'm not sure just exactly why so much emphasis is being put on testing.
Because it's about the only "gotcha" left. Deaths magnitudes lower than predicted, no one lacked an ICU bed or a ventilator despite dire predictions of "death selection squads", models shown to be jokes, and "Nancy Antoinette" standing in front of $24,000 refrigerators showing off her stockpile of $13/pint ice cream while holding up money for some poor guy or gal working for $13/hour and feeling lucky to have a job that good.

I have seen nothing as bad as that bs crazy witch in Mich. She won't even let you buy paint. Can't go to your own cabin in the woods. Can't get in your own boat on your own lake. This gal is bonkers. Mental for sure.
Yet you could go from Illinois to a cabin in Michigan no problemo. And to think folks thought she was going to be pick for VP. Actually wish she would be.

It will be interesting to see just how big the second wave of infection will be, and where it hits. So far, in general, it's not the brave souls who have paid the price, but the vulnerable.

It will be interesting to see just how big the second wave of infection will be, and where it hits. So far, in general, it's not the brave souls who have paid the price, but the vulnerable.
just like every flu outbreak. And if I had my choice of catching the flu or recreating the soviet union, I'd chose the few days of being sick. I know which choice the leftists make.

Status
Not open for further replies.