Out of the loop... 7mm bullet choice still suffering?

I know a couple of 1000 yd benchrest guys that are running that caliber. They seem to be doing pretty well. They are running 180 Berger's and not fast. I forget the velocity that they were running them.

As far as I can tell the situation for 7mm pills isn't much better than it was, still extremely slow to get back on the shelves, is that correct? I've been away from my rifle for a year now, took a deep dive into bowhunting, but I drew a pretty good deer tag and need to get shooting again. There's also a very high likelihood of a spike/cow hunt on the same unit. My problem is ranges on the unit can be high, high enough that I need to practice a bunch and I'm not sure I have quite enough 168 Accubond LR to get as good as I need to be. I have about 100 more 180ELDMs but I'm seeing some mixed messages about their performance. Granted every bullet has that on one end or the other. What are people's feelings about these two?

Is anyone getting any Nosler 7mm bullets anywhere?

For the record I'm shooting a SAUM with h4831sc. 168 is right around 2800, 180 is around 2650. I'll chronograph them in the next couple weeks.

I would absolutely try hammers but between bowhunting prep and needing to procure a different powder and just not having the reloading talent yet I don't think that's going to happen. Anyone in Utah have experience I can rent?
I think it just depends on what exactly you're looking for. I've found Bergers 140, 168, 180 in the shelves at LGS, and scored some 120gr TTSX and Ballistic Tips for the shorter range 7-08. I got some 160gr Sierra GK, but they were old stock from a lot of hodgepodge an individual was selling. Speer has been more common to find, as well as Hornady. If you're strictly looking for Nosler Accubonds, Ballistic Tips, Game Kings (not tipped), Partitions, or long range Accubonds, it has been pretty slim, but there have been a few Accubonds and Ballistic Tips pop up here and there. You have to set notifications to be notified when in stock on sites that allow that, and then be quick when you're notified. Nosler is using most of their bullets and brass for ammo manufacturing. Apparently their margin is larger on that.

I live in Ohio. I happen to have either 200 or 400 ( not sure ) .284 Nosler 175 grain Accubonds (might be LR Accubonds) which were blemishes - they came in a plain white box. I am not married to them and if you are interested in them, send me a PM and I will confirm what I have, and we can go forward from there.

Would you be interested in sharing the data your have on the HH 169. Powder type and gr. Weight/ Feet/ Sec. Etc. Always looking for another great load for my 7mm Mag. Also what would be the twist on your barell. Mine is 9.5.
I'll have to seek it out - don't have that handy, but I think it's RL-26 and the velocity between 3,000 & 3,100 somewhere. Very accurate load. Now mine is an 8 twist Proof, and a 7-LRM not a 7 Rem Mag, so my info is only a basic reference anyway. With your twist you'll have to shoot something lighter than the 143 HH even. Maybe the 131 HH... but those little pills will be streaking. The lighter weight will not be a problem for terminal performance.
https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/a-little-hammer-goes-a-long-way.278406/

You can find reloading info here:

Or you could try the Badlands 140 BD-2's

As far as I can tell the situation for 7mm pills isn't much better than it was, still extremely slow to get back on the shelves, is that correct? I've been away from my rifle for a year now, took a deep dive into bowhunting, but I drew a pretty good deer tag and need to get shooting again. There's also a very high likelihood of a spike/cow hunt on the same unit. My problem is ranges on the unit can be high, high enough that I need to practice a bunch and I'm not sure I have quite enough 168 Accubond LR to get as good as I need to be. I have about 100 more 180ELDMs but I'm seeing some mixed messages about their performance. Granted every bullet has that on one end or the other. What are people's feelings about these two?

For the record I'm shooting a SAUM with h4831sc. 168 is right around 2800, 180 is around 2650. I'll chronograph them in the next couple weeks.

I would absolutely try hammers but between bowhunting prep and needing to procure a different powder and just not having the reloading talent yet I don't think that's going to happen. Anyone in Utah have experience I can rent?
Practice with the alternative ELD-M projectile and then sight in & hunt with the better choice that's your Nosler. Practice is being 100% comfortable with the rifle setup, that's mostly irrelevant in respect to projectile choices.

I'll have to seek it out - don't have that handy, but I think it's RL-26 and the velocity between 3,000 & 3,100 somewhere. Very accurate load. Now mine is an 8 twist Proof, and a 7-LRM not a 7 Rem Mag, so my info is only a basic reference anyway. With your twist you'll have to shoot something lighter than the 143 HH even. Maybe the 131 HH... but those little pills will be streaking. The lighter weight will not be a problem for terminal performance.
https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/a-little-hammer-goes-a-long-way.278406/

You can find reloading info here:

Or you could try the Badlands 140 BD-2's
Thanks for that pdf. That will help greatly. Thanks again, Northkill

I'm shooting 59.7 gr 4831sc in my saum with 180 bergers the same load with 168 bergers got 2780fps let me know what volocity you get with 180 I havnt chrono Them yet

Practice with the alternative ELD-M projectile and then sight in & hunt with the better choice that's your Nosler. Practice is being 100% comfortable with the rifle setup, that's mostly irrelevant in respect to projectile choices.
Even for holding over vs dialing? It looks like it'll be under a foot at six hundred so I suppose it's more theoretical than anything. Thanks for reminder.

I'm shooting 59.7 gr 4831sc in my saum with 180 bergers the same load with 168 bergers got 2780fps let me know what volocity you get with 180 I havnt chrono Them yet
I haven't either ha, it's just a reasonable guess. But I'm only fitting about 53 grains behind the 180eldm. Combination of really thick brass and a much longer bearing surface on my bullet. That's right where I get pressure with the 168 actually, and I'm jumping almost a tenth of an inch.