Out of the box

Rocketeer77

Brought my son a new T3X Tikka in .270 calibre, basic Leopold VX-3 HD running with some hand loads. New Hornady brass, Nosler AccuBond 140gr using 57gr RL19 running at 3,000 fps.
Went out to a local range than goes out to around 750 metres, he ran out of windage adjustment before then, yet at 500 metres he was hitting the 6" steel disc. Rifle is an OEM untouched with around fifty rounds through it. AccuBond projectiles were not the long range version.
This was a budget deer setup with zero tuning with the basic OEM plastic stock.

Attachments

• 86CA8EF2-7DCB-4B7D-B26E-160D2CF1DE6B.jpeg
    86CA8EF2-7DCB-4B7D-B26E-160D2CF1DE6B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 144
Happy news from a distant land. Don't know that much about Tika rifles but several big time hunters I know or knew about always included the old .270W in their traveling hunting rifles. Sounds like the N.Z. guys will get it done. Are those .17 HMR ammo boxes? Good for under 125 yard rodents.

Last edited:
Brought my son a new T3X Tikka in .270 calibre, basic Leopold VX-3 HD running with some hand loads. New Hornady brass, Nosler AccuBond 140gr using 57gr RL19 running at 3,000 fps.
Went out to a local range than goes out to around 750 metres, he ran out of windage adjustment before then, yet at 500 metres he was hitting the 6" steel disc. Rifle is an OEM untouched with around fifty rounds through it. AccuBond projectiles were not the long range version.
This was a budget deer setup with zero tuning with the basic OEM plastic stock.
Get some Burris Signature rings.. and center up scope.... for more windage adj.