Out of adjustment?

UPDATE: replaced my 2 piece mounts with 1 piece. Also replaced my rings with medium instead of high profile. The 1 piece will allow me to shim if needed. Could not shoot today due to a monsoon rain.

He has a LRP. Which does have one. And more likely than not, the ring needs loosened to get the adjustment he needs. Without going new bases and shims and such as he's been talkin' 'bout......

Even with 20MOA rings (or rail), with an 80 MOA total elevation adjustment available, he should have plenty to zero @ 100 if that is his desired 0 range. Should leave him 20 down and 60 up still with allowances for actual zero adjustment.

I am betting zero stop adjustment issues.

He has a LRP. Which does have one. And more likely than not, the ring needs loosened to get the adjustment he needs. Without going new bases and shims and such as he's been talkin' 'bout......
LOL...yep ...I read the above posts backwards and thought the OP poster said "GOOD CATCH" when asked about the LRT.

You are correct.....LRP

Sorry, My bad....I need to learn to read.

Tod

Agree with huntsman...... 1st place to look is remove elevation turret cap and screw down the turret with a quarter or nickel till zeroed at yardage desired then replace turret cap on zero. should be plenty of adjustment for a 20 moa base (assuming the right bases for the rifle receiver are chosen)

Thanks guys. I will check he zero stop. Sound like the problem. I wanted to try the medium profile rings anyway. I hope to get a chance this afternoon.

have not had time to even bore sight. I don't think it was the zero stop. it was adjusted al the way to bottom best I can tell.

You don't have to boresight to see if it is the zero stop. See how much adjustment you have 'up', ABOVE where you say it is bottomed out. It takes less time to check, than it did to reply. Did you read the manual about the stop? If it was adjusted all the way to the bottom as you say, you've got a defective scope. Best not even mess with it anymore. Return it or toss it. Or take the 5 whole minutes it would take to research the problem, and fix it. And please, quit 'thinking'. Use those faculties to actually assess the situation instead.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.