Out of action

Getgen60

Motorcycle crash, ruptured spleen, Punchered lung, 8 ribs multi broke, collar bone and shoulder blade. Have big test ready to go with CFE 223 as soon as I can take the recoil.

Dont rush it! You ave nothing to gain at all by "pushing the limit". Make dammed sure you can take a hit from a pro football player....then go and give it hell.

Motorcycle crash, ruptured spleen, Punchered lung, 8 ribs multi broke, collar bone and shoulder blade. Have big test ready to go with CFE 223 as soon as I can take the recoil.
Sounds like a really bad week!

On the plus side, the new rifle gives you a reason to work extra hard on your rehab to get back in shooting shape as fast as possible.

On top of that as bad as it was, you're still here and have a positive long term prognosis so it could have been much worse.

All the best for a speedy recovery from the "WildRose Gang".

Not sure if you have ever broke ribs before but I can tell you they will take the longest to heal. Sneezing and coughing with broken ribs will quickly bring a grown man to tears. At first even deep breaths will make you nearly wet your pants.

Broken ribs and seperated shoulders are easily the two worst injuries I've ever had to rehab from. I feel for yah and I pray you don't have any sneezing fits because they are a real beetch but your ribs will heal given enough time and don't rush it or it will just extend your recover.

Best of luck to you.

I myself had a serious bike crash in 2000. Throttle stuck on a downshift and I blew through a corner and hit a tree at 110km/h. The end result was a shattered femur, both bones shattered in my left forearm, blew the ACL's in both kness, herniated diaphram, bruised lungs 2 broken ribs and 6 cracked ones. Spent 11 days in a trauma unit and the next 5 months learning to walk again. I do understand your pain on this and wish you a speedy recovery, having said that I do have some advice that i wish I had taken. DON'T RUSH IT. I did and a lot of my injuries still bother me to this day a lot more than they should. I actually bent the rod that was placed in my femur as well as the plates that were in my arm, neither my arm or leg healed properly because of it. I know that it sucks being laid up and feeling like you cant do anything at all, but give your body the time to heal properly and it will be far more benificial in the long run.

I don't ride 'Donorcycles'!!

You can do the same thing crossing the street, riding in a car or flying on a plane. When it's your time, it's your time, bike or no bike.

I've been put back together, patched up and I still ride because I enjoy it. Like shooting. If you like it do it. To crawl in a hole isn't living, it's existing, nothing more and a whole lot less....

You can do the same thing crossing the street, riding in a car or flying on a plane. When it's your time, it's your time, bike or no bike.

I've been put back together, patched up and I still ride because I enjoy it. Like shooting. If you like it do it. To crawl in a hole isn't living, it's existing, nothing more and a whole lot less....

Yeah....tell me all about it.......!!

Bike is being repaired as I write. I am healing slow but sure. Hope to be back on the range soon as the shoulder will take the recoil.

From a fellow rider and shooter, best of luck and a speedy recovery. I'm trying to heal another back injury and can't even get on my bike.

Heres to a speedy recovery....the 1st of July 2007 I hit a pothole running 55 mph on an 03 955i Daytona(triumph) after flying over it the other way at just under 170.... I slid 450' the bike went another 200' after I hit the pavement....5 days in the hospital getting 3 skin grafts and 3 months in the recliner recovering....recover,reload and ride on my friend!

Am walking ok, have moved arm to point can shoot BB gun. LOL. Will start back to range this week with mouse guns and begin to work way up. Have good wife, bought me a new Mark III Hunter if it shoots like old mark I should be able to get out to 100 with it. Embeded question anyone have load for M-1 carbine. Got lot of conflicting data in my books.???? Not typical long range weapon but got to reload something. Right?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.