Our antelope video

Our Oregon hunt...My friend had his first antelope tag...

6.5 PRC,147 ELD-M at 705

Can someone tell me why hunters use 6.5 Hornady ELD M versus the ELD X. I haven't looked at the ballistics between the two but just assumed the ELD X was the way to go as it's built as a hunting bullet. Is the BC difference between the two that much that it would sway a person to use the ELD M instead of the X?

Thanks for the comments guys,much appreciated..

We went the ELD-X route and were not impressed..A shoulder shot inside 200 yards was a ruined front end,more than once.. The ELD-M's have been performing better..Bottom line.. :)

Thanks for the comments guys,much appreciated..

We went the ELD-X route and were not impressed..A shoulder shot inside 200 yards was a ruined front end,more than once.. The ELD-M's have been performing better..Bottom line.. :)
It sounds like the ELD m doesn't open up as quickly as the eld-x. Is that correct?

That is our experience...The x's opened to violently at close range as in "messy"...We didn't like it and gave up on them...So far the M's are better,but still have some hunting left to do... I can't deny it though ,I do like the .697 BC.. ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.