OTM vs. Elite Hunter

Yes indeed!
I did a bunch of looking when I bought the OTM, with this cartridge it should perform well (I was looking into moose more than elk) way being the range I would shoot (700 yards). I think it would do well out to like 1200 or something beyond me.

Anyone have real world experience using the OTM's on elk? Specifically the 300gr in .338 caliber. I don't see much about it on the forums since about 2013 and there has to be a lot of use of this bullet since then. Looks like they have a thicker jacket then the hybrids (which are well known to kill). I like the elite hunters but they are non-existent in 300gr right now. I do have the 300gr OTMs, just curious for first hand experience with results on elk/ game. I am going to be launching them out of a 338 Reaper hopefully between 2900 - 3000fps. If you have a experience with the 300 gr elite hunters or 300 OTM's let me know!
I do think we'll be seeing some 300 elite hunters soon they are due for a run of them as well as the ablr 265 & 300' bullets

I did a bunch of looking when I bought the OTM, with this cartridge it should perform well (I was looking into moose more than elk) way being the range I would shoot (700 yards). I think it would do well out to like 1200 or something beyond me.
If your 2900-3000'fps you should have no problem dropping whatever your hitting at 1200'with decent shot placement still slot of energy hitting the animal

Not 338 300's, but 308 230 OTM's are wonderful pills on elk and deer. I would have zero hesitations with the 300 OTM's.

Anyone have real world experience using the OTM's on elk? Specifically the 300gr in .338 caliber. I don't see much about it on the forums since about 2013 and there has to be a lot of use of this bullet since then. Looks like they have a thicker jacket then the hybrids (which are well known to kill). I like the elite hunters but they are non-existent in 300gr right now. I do have the 300gr OTMs, just curious for first hand experience with results on elk/ game. I am going to be launching them out of a 338 Reaper hopefully between 2900 - 3000fps. If you have a experience with the 300 gr elite hunters or 300 OTM's let me know!
Used the 300 Grain Elite Hunter out of a 338 Lapua for my first elk at about 330 yards. Worked like a charm.

Recent Posts