OTC Bull Elk, Public Land, CO 2nd Rifle Season 2017 – My Story

I have read some people complaining about the ELD-x for hunting in the smaller caliber rounds like the 6.5mm. I'm hoping to someday hunt elk with 300wm or UM using hornady ELD-X 212 grain but hope to hear more on the ELD-X from other readers. Thanks again for a really great story and sharing all of that detail!
PM sent with guide info.
Yeah, I've heard both complaining and praise for the ELD-X; and arguably, the 6.5CM is on the small side for elk size game, so I don't know that I can really be upset with the performance. I've also heard of many using the ELD-Match for hunting purposes, and some say that expands well/even better. Can't go wrong w/ a 300WM for elk!

Old post (January), but I sure enjoyed reading it. It gets me pumped up for the upcoming Elk season. I'm sure it took a while to write it and include the photographs. Thanks for taking the time and effort.

Really enjoyed your write-up. I did an OTC 3rd season Elk hunt (first time) last year as well to GMU 71. It was a golden opportunity to hunt with my Uncle and was a great bonding experience. No one in my party (six of us hunted) even got a shot off to my knowledge. Even so, still loved the feeling of the mountains and the sense of accomplishment in packing to/from the morning and evening hunts.

Nice job on your hunt.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.