Oshkosh to Oregon to Oshkosh

Greetings everyone,

I'm an Oshkosh, WI native who moved away for a good 15 years and now I'm back living again in the city of my birth.

I discovered this forum much by accident--my wife and I have driven past Len's store here in town a few times and were excited to see a store dedicated to long range shooting right in the area. We looked him up online, discovered it wasn't just a store but was in fact connected to a large, active and long-lived forum on the subject, and the hook that really got me to join was news (here on the forums) that someone is developing a 1600 yard range right in the Fox Valley area.

In short it was a whirlwind realization that I suddenly have a dedicated store, forum, and in the future hopefully a shooting range tailored for long range shooting right in my neck of the woods. Pretty much a dream come true over night.

As for my interests; I'm a scientist and tinkerer who enjoys hunting (whitetail), hiking/exploring, ammunition reloading, and of course target/long range shooting. I hope I can be as helpful to everyone here as you've already been to me.

-Hunting in the Elements

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.