• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Original Allen Precision 375 Allen Magnum XHS for sale....

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
Because of to many ponies in the barn, I have decided to sell this rifle. This was my original 338 Allen Magnum which I used for extensive load development, accuracy testing and extreme range ballistic testing. All that pretty much took care of the 338 AM barrel. So, last spring, I rebarreled the rilfe with a one of a kind 33" Lilja SS barrel. I say one of a kind because Lilja will not make any more +30" 375 barrels, this is one of a kind. I did some load development with the rifle using the 350 gr SMK but it did not take much. There are less then 120 rounds down this barrel and it has never been overheated.

Here are a couple pics.

ImportedPhotos00006-2.jpg

This is my dad shooting the big 375 Allen Magnum when we were dialing in the rifle at 1350 yards where he easily held under 3/4 moa with the first loads we took out and in slighly windy conditions. In good conditions, this rifle will hold 1/2 moa for three shots if the ammo is quality and the shooter is as well.

ImportedPhotos00007-1.jpg

This is the same rifle but in its original 338 AM configuration before it was rebarreled having just taken this 15" pronghorn at 1304 yards with a one shot kill.

Ballistically, the 338 AM with the 300 gr SMK and the 375 AM with the 350 gr SMK are so identical its hard to tell one from the other only that the 375 AM has a higher kenetic energy payload because of the heavier bullet. Both bullets have nearly identical BC values

No exotic powders are needed for this chambering. Hodgdons Retumbo seems to be about as good as it gets.

There is not a huge selection of bullets but the 350 gr SMK can be ordered through me and it has proven to be an excellent bullet for long range precision shooting.

Brass is also available from me, fully formed and ready to load with full pressure accuracy loads, NO FIREFORMING at all.

Here are the rifle specs:

BAT Model M single shot, Stainless Steel receiver
Extended NF custom rail base converted to 4, 1/4-28 tpi tapered head mounting bolts
Lilja 33" SS, 1-10, Custom "Allen32" contour, 6 heavy flutes
Rifles Basix BR trigger set at 20 oz
Original APS 5 port Slab muzzle brake
McMillan A-5, Decel recoil pad, 80% dark green, 10% Black, 10%white
APS custom stainless steel pillar bedding system
Metal trigger guard
Custom 375 Allen Magnum loading die set
(scope and bipod not included)

2009 new price would be $5800 including rifle, dies, aluminum gun case and shipping charges with full value insurance.

Asking $5300 for same package with this rifle as there are 120 rounds down the bore. External condition is excellent with no wear marks on the rifle

This rifle would normally take from 16 to 20 months if ordered now. REady to ship to first with payment and FFL to ship to. About as easy as you can get if you want 9000 ft/lbs of muzzle energy with very little recoil(300 Win Mag class) and with extreme long range precision.

Load data available with rifle sale. Brass and bullets also available directly from me so its about as easy as it gets. No different to load for then any factory chambering, JUST ALOT MORE POWER.

First come first serve.

Good Night Fifty!!! Did you have to post this before Xmas?!! I would love to take that off your hands!! Awe Humbug!!

Oh well some day.

Oso

Fifty,

That rifle is stunning, and I know would be a long range hammer. What velocity are you getting with the 350gr. SMK. Does the SMK have a projected BC. ? Does it have the same terminal performance on game as the .338 300gr. SMK? This might cause me to put a dent in my savings!

What is the overall diameter of the barrel from breech to the muzzle? Also, what is the overall weight of the rifle? If I were to buy it, could you coat all the metal with flat black durocoat and how much would that add to the cost?

Dustin

Last edited:
Earl,

3300 fps is pretty easy to get. I load mine to 3265 fps and its a pretty mild load but shoots great. You can push it harder if you want.

They told me the BC was .780. In my testing out to around 1500 yards, this holds pretty **** close to actual bullet drop. The 300 gr SMK is roughly .800 out of my 338 AM so they are pretty well identical.

The 350 gr SMK has a slightly thicker jacket then the 300 gr SMK but not by much. This will help with terminal performance at moderate ranges(under 1000 yards). I have found that the 300 gr SMK loaded to 3300 fps out of the 338 AM can be a bit hard on this bullet. THe slightly thicker jacket on the 350 gr SMK will be welcome.

It will likely limit expansion to some degree at extreme range but again, we have a 375 cal bullet to start with which is not much smaller then many conventional premium hunting bullets are in diameter after expansion, plus there is a huge velocity and energy advantage.

Reeper,

The barrel shank diameter is 1.350" for roughly 5" and then contours down to around 0.960" at the muzzle give or take a bit.

The rifle as you see in the pic is around 19 lbs including scope and bipod. My coater used K-kote and yes we could do that. In fact I was originally going to do that but just never got it done. Because of the size of the barreled receiver it would cost $250 to get it coated in flat black. It would totally change the look of the rifle and would go very well with the stock. Again, that was my original plan.

I have shot this very gun at just under (-140yds) a mile and killed a steel plate with two shots 3 inches apart. It is a real sweetheart to shoot. The idea that you could kill a coyote at a mile boggles my mind, but with this gun, it would be a piece of cake, with no wind.

Kirby, my piggy bank is empty, the Christmas thing ya know, but if I could, I would in a heartbeat!

Jim

Hey guys, about a year ago, Kirby sold one of his shop rifles (375 allen mag).
Anyone here know anybody that wants to sell a 375 allen mag built by Kirby. I want a new one, but I'd rather not wait???

Kirby, you don't happen to have another one of those (ponies in the barn do you?)

thanks