Oregon

You don't like the High Desert?. Hahahaha We got Fossel lake course it's dry but what the heck, at least I don't have to dry out my swimsuit. :D
don't have to drow either.....
I LOVE the high desert but the wife can't handle elevations anymore. Used to hike and camp glass buttes all the time, she grew up in Cedarville Ca. just acoss the border. I even dropped by Chrismas Valley a few times, my brother was a pastor in LaPine in the 80's and he would go out to some church in Christmas Valley sometimes.

Christmas Valley Fun Shoot June 14 and 15th.
Looks like we have about 10 guys coming on Saturday. Only have 2 or 3 on Sunday that I know of so far.
Should be some good shooting in the mornings. We've been having some wind in the afternoons like all deserts seem to have, We are having 25mph winds today hopefully they will be gone by Saturday. The morning was still good shooting though.
Rupe
so everyone is off having fun shooting in Christmas Valley and I'm stuck here at work....dang the luck

Well why you were working we were having a great time! :) We set up gongs from around 600 yards out to almost 1500 yards. The wind play havoc on the guys shooting out to 1500yds and no one made it ring. But.there were some close ones.
NOW for the BIG NEWS, I used my Savage Striker specialty pistol with the .270win. barrel on it.
With lots of help and instruction I ended up connecting with a out a 9" target at "Drum Roll Please"

890 yards! This a a new personal record for me. Before that I had never shot beyond 360 yards.
What an exciting feeling of accomplishment!

I want to thank all those that helped me to shoot that far. This was my first time shooting long range and I am hooked now. Now I need more/better equipment, but I'm going to have to wait until we finish our new house first. Darn!

I truely had a great time and made new friends. Great bunch of guys. .It was funny but we were split up into a Savage vs Remington type of harassment teams. All in fun of course.
Thanks to all that came over for the fun shoot in Christmas Valley, Oregon

Rupe

We had a great time rupe. Happy to help you shoot to your new personal longest range. Cant wait til the next shoot and hope to have a few more shooters next year. Always a good time making new freinds (even them remington shooters haha). Cant wait to make some plans for another shoot.

Luke I'm glad we finally hooked up. Tell your friends it was great to meet and shoot with!
As I said I had a great time. Maybe we'll have to make it a yearly thing?
Thanks for all the spotting you guys did for me and letting me shoot your rifles. All you guys have some really nice rifles!

Thanks for coming! (and yes, including those Remy guys)
Rupe

Rupe,
Me and Austin had a great time on Sunday shooting with you. We wish we could have been there Saturday to meet the other shooters and learn from them.
Jason

Last edited:
Rupe,
Me and Austin had a great time on Sunday shooting with you. We wish we could have it Saturday to meet the other shooters and learn from them.
Jason

Thanks Jason, I reallu enjoyed you guys coming on Sunday. That way I got to shoot again! :)
Didn't have to work on the house or the honey do list. We will do it again!!!!
Rupe