Oregon

I just got back from paisley last night and we seen a herd of bucks up on the mountain. There was 2 decent bucks in there 1 had some big cutters. We also seen some up the paved road headed up the river by the big pines. Ryan
Thanks for the info. What unit where they in? Wagontire or Interstate?

.The Christmas Valley Oregon fun shoot is coming up fast June Saturday the 14th . Those that are planning to come please email me and let me know if your coming for sure. [email protected]
This is just for fun, those that said you had steel targets please bring them.
I'll give you the direction by email or phone your choice. You can camp on my property or at the Christmas Valley sand dunes ( outhouses but no water or tables) my place you have water and outhouse. There are 2 motels in town Desert Inn and Lakeside Terrace.
My place is 18 miles NE on the way to the dunes. The range will be approx. 3/4 of a mile from my place.
Please let me know if your coming for sure by email.
Thanks
Rupe

Rupe my email has been acting weird and I am not sure if you got the one I sent you. If not I will be there Saturday with a few buddies and some steel.

Tri County Gun Club shoots 600 yards the third Sat of the month. That would be this weekend the 15th.

It used to be easy to find a spot, but the timber companies have shut down all their land. If you spend a weekend out in Sweethome area, you might find a clear cut that you can set up targets.

I wouldn't suggest sending anyone to sweet home to shoot, people do that around there, then leave the trash, the local timber company's have put up a lot of ''no shooting safety zone signs''. People dump so much trash around there, its pathetic, and its getting worse. I try to clean some of it up, but, there's just too much to do. Keep doing that, and they'll eventually close the hole place down. Thanks to some of these jerks they've already closed down some good area's. Ticks you off when you drive from where you live and they have locked all the gates and rock pits.

Christmas Valley Fun Shoot June 14 and 15th.
Looks like we have about 10 guys coming on Saturday. Only have 2 or 3 on Sunday that I know of so far.
Should be some good shooting in the mornings. We've been having some wind in the afternoons like all deserts seem to have, We are having 25mph winds today hopefully they will be gone by Saturday. The morning was still good shooting though.
Rupe

Rupe I am gonna shoot you a text tomorrow for directions but what time is everyone meeting to startthe shoot?

I'm hoping we can get things going as soon as someone.showws up with steel to sboot at. Nice if we could get going by 8. I think you'll be the first one to arrive.
We'll meet at my place then head over to the shooting area about a mile away. Those with 4x4 rigs can drive to the site, those that don't can hitch a ride. We'll use my truck for a range rig and taxi service. The sand can be pretty soft and I would hate to spend our time pulling rigs out of the sand.

Those that arrive later will need to call me and I'll direct them to the area or pick them up at my place.

Rupe

Hillsboro...where are all the sage rats? Public land with sage rats?
Not public land, but we used to call a farmer out of Paulina Oregon named Dick Bedortha (he was older and that was in the early to mid 90's) He would give us permission to shoot in his fields just east of the town of Paulina where the highway splits, all three corners were his, he had wheel lines on them,so leaning across the tires on a sunny day a person could shoot...well, every daylight minute.