Oregon

That is almost to Idaho. Sure gets cold over there in the winter. On the other hand, the hunting in that part of the country is some of the best anywhere I have ever been.

I live in Albany, 20 miles south of Salem in the Willamette Valley. My wife and I are having a real tough time finding a good place to do some long distance shooting. Currently where we shoot (Scotts Mills) we can only get out about 250 yards. If anyone knows of some good spots I'd love to hear it.

Thanks, Mike.

Tri County Gun Club shoots 600 yards the third Sat of the month. That would be this weekend the 15th.

It used to be easy to find a spot, but the timber companies have shut down all their land. If you spend a weekend out in Sweethome area, you might find a clear cut that you can set up targets.

Tri County Gun Club shoots 600 yards the third Sat of the month. That would be this weekend the 15th.

It used to be easy to find a spot, but the timber companies have shut down all their land. If you spend a weekend out in Sweethome area, you might find a clear cut that you can set up targets.

Yea, i thought about that but i don't know what the legalities are in Oregon about being able to shoot in the woods.

Do yourself a favor and get an Oregon Gazetteer(sp) Map, this will show BLM and F/S lands. On these, you shoot all you like, just make sure you use targets (paper, wood, steel) not cans or bottles and pick-up afterward.
There plenty of places in your area, but by using the Map and Google Earth, you can save a lot of gas by picking out the most promising spots beforehand.

Good luck,
Ray

Thank you Ray. Next question, where can I find the Gazette map? I've tried online searches and don't turn up much. Maybe Dicks sporting goods or Bi Mart maybe?

Shooter98. I live in Sweet Home and know of several places to shoot out to 1000(givin the weather is ok). Most of the timber companies have shut down their properties but some still allow responsable shooting. As long as there are no houses to close or you shoot at main roads. PM me if you want to get together and I could show you a place or two.:D