Oregon

118 proof

I have hunted Oregon's East side for the last 50 years, Deer, Elk, Bear and Pronghorn along with Cats, Coyotes. Have raised my kids to love and understand the outdoors. I believe in the no trace camp, I do not like to leave anything behind not even the smallest item if I can help it.

I have hunted Oregon's East side for the last 50 years, Deer, Elk, Bear and Pronghorn along with Cats, Coyotes. Have raised my kids to love and understand the outdoors. I believe in the no trace camp, I do not like to leave anything behind not even the smallest item if I can help it.

Sooo where you doing all this hunting at? asking for a friend ;)

Had an eastern Oregon 18 year old on a trip to Alaska once many years ago....driftboat trip on the Kenai fishing for sockeye(loading the boat with sockeye)....kid unwrapped a candy bar..ate it and looked at me and asked "what do I do with this".....my short blunt answer...
"If it goes in the bottom of my boat or near the water I will punch you in the face".....he put it in his pocket.......never did he ask a stupidass question like that again..........the next time I was at the ranch his grandpa asked about that...after I told him the story he said the ranch is now a cleaner ranch.....he started picking up crap left by everybody........

Sooo where you doing all this hunting at? asking for a friend ;)
If you must know I hunt in Wenaha, Chesnimnus, Desolation, Imnaha, and South to Beatys Butte and more central by Fort Rock, Paulina and Upper Deschutes. I have hunted Hood, White River, Heppner, Fossil and Ochoco but it was only a one time thing.

Thanks everyone I understand this is a good site to get input from questions and just talk about your trips and equipment. I'll see how it goes

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.