Oregon Gunsmith Recommendations

Tumbleweed

Hi guys. Well, my Rem 700 300 Rum is officially shot out and I'm in need of a highly qualified Smith in the Portland, Oregon area. I decided to stay with the 300 Rum and will be putting on a 12.4 heavy palma 30" broughten 5C barrel. I want to throat if for 230 grain Hybrid Targets and would like a match chamber along with some truing/blueprinting. The barrel channel in the wood stock will most likely need to be opened up and it will also need a muzzle break. We have a couple of gunsmiths locally but I really want a smith who has a lot of experience with this particular caliber/combo and what I want to accomplish (not someone who asks me what a 230 Hybrid Target is). I don't want to be a guinea pig, been there done that. If all else fails I can ship the rifle out but really want to stay as close to home as possible. Any suggestions?
Jesse

Not exactly in the Portland area, but I've never heard anything but good about work from Darrel Holland in Powers OR.

If you want to head up into WA a couple hours, Brett Evans in Bonney Lake has been highly recommended to me by numerous people.

Call Shawn at Straight Shooter Supply.
Goes by Hired Gun on here.
Did a great job on a barrel for me. He's on the Coast North Bend Oregon (541)297-5600. Did a great job on some Ceracoat for me too.

Curt's archery and custom guns in Sutherlin, Oregon. he does a good job and all the guns he has built that I have seen or own shoot.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.