Oregon elk hunters help me out

I have a couple questions and have been unsuccessful at getting fish and game on the phone. I intend to hunt for elk during archery season and I also drew a 250x rifle rad for desolation unit for elk as well. My questions are as follows:

1. If I harvest an elk during archery season, does that mean that I cannot harvest another with the rifle tag that I was drawn for?

2. If I do not harvest an elk during archery season, so I have to purchase another tag for my rifle hunt that I was drawn for?

I appreciate you time and help! Thanks guys!
Page 8 of the Oregon Big Game Hunting Regulations under tag requirements specifically states persons may obtain only ONE elk tag....

Attachments

• 20200718_095913.jpg
    20200718_095913.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 131
One deer TAG, one elk TAG ... in Oregon ... HOWEVER ... if you pony up for a Nonresident Hunting license in another state ... Idaho, Montana, Utah, or any other state, paying the Nonresident hunting license snd tag fees, you can purchase Nonresident tags pursuant to their laws. You can only have ONE resident license, issued in the state where you live. If you want to go hunting in Canada, there are other rules; again, the rules of the Canadian province would apply. In many places you would be required to hire a licensed guide.
If you want to hunt a species in Africa, the fact you have a license in Oregon won't mean anything to them ... you'll just have to abide by the laws of that country. IOW: if you have the money, you can go hunting for the rest of your life. Australia, Argentina, Lower Slobovia, the world is wide open ... IF you have the money. But you still get only one elk tag per year in Oregon.
(Note that there are some countries where you might not want to chance it!)

Oregon deer used to be open to archery then rifle....
But elk has never been that way as far back as i can remember...thats a ways back.....
I often found myself seeing some of the biggest bucks during first archery season...when I was chasing elk....not wanting to see the bucks....i found later I liked chasing the blacktail in the rut with archery.....kept me in the woods longer.......

Actually.... oregon before this yr allowed you to purchase TWO elk tags.. one either in draw or general.. as well as in the left over tags... and yes you could get a non resident leftover tag for a total of two elk tags... JUST SAYING;)

KASEY

But to answer the question your stuck with archery or rifle...not both.. not if you dont fill arxhery... pick a weapon like everyone should and roll with it

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.