Oregon Coyote Hunting partners

Steelheadjoe

Looking for Coyote hunters in Oregon on this forum. Would like to share my knowledge and experience with others and possibly hunt together. I have all the equipment, callers, etc. Just got back from several days in Eastern Oregon and a great scouting/hunting trip.

What part of Oregun are you from. I grew up in SE Or and currently live in Salem area. And yes I enjoy calling coyotes. :)

Hunted a little down there. Shot a few coyotes. Been at least 10 yrs ago since I have been down that way. I hunt around Burns.

Shot by my son on the way into Beauty's Butte. Which is about 30 miles out of Adel as the crow flies. We saw many coyotes while deer hunting. Called one in to 15 yards and missed it. :)-

Attachments

• 3D58E0EC-23BE-43B9-9E3A-11CEA080386D.jpeg
    3D58E0EC-23BE-43B9-9E3A-11CEA080386D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 226
Hunted a little down there. Shot a few coyotes. Been at least 10 yrs ago since I have been down that way. I hunt around Burns.
Do you ever hunt the summer months. I know there are a lot of Beldings to keep a barrel hot but wondering if Coyotes will come to a call when its hot and dry out.

I have two children who love the Oregon desert like I do. We always spend a week or two in July. We have had some success calling in dogs in the early morning and late evenings. More at sunrise than sun set. I was just over camping at the base of Beauty's Butte last weekend. Didn't try any calling but saw one coyote on the way in and two on the way out. It is much more effective to call them in in the cooler months but can be done year around. In addition it can get **** hot with little to no shade in the summer months. I always have a backup plan when the temps get over 100.

What is a Beldings?

I have two children who love the Oregon desert like I do. We always spend a week or two in July. We have had some success calling in dogs in the early morning and late evenings. More at sunrise than sun set. I was just over camping at the base of Beauty's Butte last weekend. Didn't try any calling but saw one coyote on the way in and two on the way out. It is much more effective to call them in in the cooler months but can be done year around. In addition it can get **** hot with little to no shade in the summer months. I always have a backup plan when the temps get over 100.

What is a Beldings?
The ground squirrels you see running around from Klamath Fall eastward. We shoot them with Benchrest rifles set up on tables. Pretty fun shooting, with some days offering 200 plus targets each for a couple shooters. Requires a lot of reloading though. I use a couple different 22-250 AI rifles that will connect with the little critters out to 300+ yards. Bullets going close to or over 4000 FPS make quite a stunning impact.